White Lipped Banded Snail
Order:Snails and slugs
Genus species: Cepaea Hortensis
- The White lipped banded snail has one pair of antennae.
- The outer body has a hard shell.
- The snail's eyes are on the antennae.
- The snail's shell is 1" long and it's colors are white, yellow, and brown in a swirled shape.
- The snail's habitat is terrestrial.
- The snail is found scattered around Europe and North eastern parts of the U.S.A.
- The snail eats grass and other low growing plants.
Reproduction and Life cycle
- The snail can reproduce asexually and sexually due to its non specific gender.
- The young are different from the adult because the young snails are smaller than the adult snails.
- The snail is mobile and moves on it's stomach.
Interactions with humans
- The snail is not harmful to humans.
- People can use snails for food and it is considered a delicacy.
Characteristics of the White Lipped Banded Snail
- The snail has a yellow tint to it's shell.
- The snail has a glossy smooth shell.
- The average life span of the White Lipped Banded snail is 3-4 years.
Other animals the phylum
- The Brown Lipped Snail
- The Grove Snail
Three characteristics of the phylum
- There are 80,000 species of gastropds in the world.
- The word mollusk means soft.
- Most mollusks are edible.