Southview PS Weekly Update
Week of January 14th, 2019
School Year Calendar 2018-19 Parent Survey
The Limestone District School Board is requesting feedback about the 2018-19 school year calendar and possible options for the 2019-20 school year. It would be appreciated if you would please take a moment to respond to several questions on an on-line survey. If you would like a paper version of the survey, please contact the school and we can send a copy home with your child, or you could come into the school to fill it out. The survey is open for responses until Friday, Feb. 9th. Your input is important to us and we appreciate your time in submitting your feedback and comments. For more information, please visit the LDSB website which also provides a link to the Ministry of Education website.
WHO DOESN'T LIKE PIZZA?
1) Place your order online at PizzaKit.ca
2) Click on Products, then Shop
3) Select the green button "Ship my order to the Group"
4) Enter Fundraiser ID "358814"
5) Select "Seller" to pay for your entire order.
The order deadline date is Wednesday, February 13th.
Pizza pick up will be at Southview on Wednesday February 27th from 3:30-6:00pm
*Note: all pizza kits must be picked up on this day. We do not have room to store them.
This Week at Southview
Monday, January 14 (Day 1)
Tuesday, January 15 (Day 2)
- Senior Boys Basketball Practice @ 8:15
Wednesday, January 16 (Day 3)
Thursday, January 17 (Day 4)
- Senior Boys Basketball Practice @ 8:15
Friday, January 18 (Day 5)
- Spirit Friday! Wear your Southview gear, or school colours
January 23 ~ Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm
January 25 ~ NDSS Guidance Counsellors visit our Grade 8's at Southview
January 31 ~ Grade 5-8 Dance 2:15-3:30pm
February 1 ~ PA Day - NO SCHOOL
February 6 ~ Gould Lake (LaRochelle/Kent)
February 7 ~ Leon's Centre trip (hockey game) Grade 5-8
February 8 ~ Grade 5 to Grand Theatre - Rumble performance
February 13 ~ NDSS Grade 8 open house at 6:30
February 13 ~ Pizza Fundraiser orders due by noon (online orders only)
February 18 ~ Family Day - NO SCHOOL
February 20 ~ Term 1 Report Cards go home
February 22 ~ No Tomorrow presentation (Intermediate)
February 25~ Smartwheels presentation (junior)
February 27 ~ Pizza Order Fundraiser pick up 3:30-6:00pm All orders must be picked up today
Student Immunizations - a message from KFL&A Public Health
For students whose information is not updated following the first letter, we will distribute orders for suspension on March 6, 2019 with an effective suspension date of April 9, 2019. If parents have questions regarding the ISPA enforcement process, school immunization requirements or the various letter templates, please refer them to the Immunization Information Line at 613-549-1232 OR 1-800-267-7875. To report immunization information, please refer parents to kflaph.ca/ImmunizationReporting to report online.
Parents of Grade 8 Students...check out the NDSS transition info
A Reminder of Inclement Weather Procedures
What Happens During Inclement Weather?
- Decisions about cancelling transportation services usually occur very early in the morning of a school day, and are based on the latest information about road conditions and weather forecasts.
- Bus routes that have been cancelled due to inclement weather are cancelled for the whole day.
- Parents / guardians will be responsible for the return transportation for any student dropped off at school; students need to be picked up by 3:35.
- Schools remain open in the event of full bus cancellations unless otherwise determined by the Director of Education.
How do I find out if buses are cancelled?
- Visit Tri-Board Student Transportation Services website at www.triboard.on.ca for information and subscribe to their notification of cancellation messages.
- Visit the LDSB website www.limestone.on.ca and subscribe to the LDSB app
- Listen to local radio stations in the a.m.
- Follow on Twitter @LimestoneDSB . Our school Twitter site will also retweet this information.
Want the Weekly Update delivered to your inbox?
Please indicate "weekly update" in the subject line.
Hard copies are available upon request.