After School Karate News
What we're learning
- Last week we talked about having "laser-like focus." We discussed the difference between flashlights and lasers and how if we focus all of our energy in the same direction, we can have laser-like focus! Focus is what makes us precise and accurate, just like the laser. Bruce Lee once said, "The successful warrior is the average man with laser-like focus."
- We prepared and trained for this week's TEST over KICKS.
- We also worked on forms--16 count technique drill, nunchuck and kama forms (depending upon belt rank)
Work hard & play hard
Notes for home
- Please take your child's uniform home on Friday to wash and remember to bring it back in on Monday. This week is a TEST week, and they MUST wear a full uniform and belt in order to test.
- Please remember to send your child with a snack for when they arrive at Dojo. If you choose to leave snacks here in their bin, please make sure that they are single serve packages.
- Early release is this Friday, September 26th--if your child normally attends the Dojo on Friday, we will be picking them up as usual. If your child will NOT be riding the Dojo van, please be sure to notify us. We will be having an "American Ninja Warrior" themed day!
- Early release on Wednesday, October 15 and Thursday, October 16--we will be having "Kick or Treat" activities
- No school on Friday, October 17--please use the link below to register for our "Kick or Treat" day camp.
Friday, October 17 is a student holiday in Forsyth County. We will be holding a "Kick or Treat" themed day camp. Cost is $33 for the day and camp is from 9:00AM to 3:00PM with drop off as early as 7:30AM and pick up until 5:45PM at no extra charge.