Seekonk High Library News
Quiet Library? Not Us!
Make Sure You Don't Miss an E-mail!
As you know by now, Seekonk High students have received school-issued e-mail accounts. These accounts are an added tool to their existing Google docs accounts that all students have been using since middle school. So far, the students have been using their accounts successfully and easily.
One question from teachers is "Will my teacher e-mail address change? The answer is No...but all teachers have a secondary e-mail account with an @seekonkschools.org extension, and students may send messages to these accounts since it is quick and easy through the school directory.
To ensure that you receive ALL e-mails, take the following steps to forward all your e-mail to your Novell address (the one that ends in @seekonk.k12.ma.us):
- Log into your Google account with your seekonkschools.org extension. Don't know how? Call Suzanne in the library for your account info and some help!
- When you are in your Google seekonkschools.org e-mail account, go to "Settings" located under the cog wheel button on the right side of the page
- Choose the "Forwarding and POP/IMP" tab
- Click the button that says "Forward a copy of incoming mail " and enter your seekonk.k12.ma.us address
- Click "Save Changes" at the bottom and that you're done!
If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Suzanne Larson!
Google Workshop for Teachers - Tues., March 17
Don't know where to begin with Google? Come to the library on Tues.,March 17 right after school for a basic tutorial, including:
- How to access your school-issued Google account
- Setting up and organizing folders
- Creating Google docs to share
- Anything else participants would like to explore!
Click here to sign up for the workshop or contact Suzanne if you want to set up a time for a 1-to-1 meeting to address specific tools or special projects.
The Abolitionists: PBS American Experience
DVD- Documentary of the passionate anti-slavery activists who fought body and soul in the most important civil rights crusade in American history.
Divorce and Stepfamilies
This book helps teens cope with the many changes that take place when their parents divorce and remarry, often including moves to new homes and dividing time between biological parents.
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
A sweeping historical romance about a witch who foresees her own murder--and the one boy who can help change her future.