WHS Warrior Bulletin
- January 29 Competition of Excellence Show Choir Competition
- January 31 Presentation Legal Issues for Students 7 pm
- February 1 Westside School Board Caucus
- February 5 Coffee with Counselors 9-10:30 am
- February 5 Winter Dance and Battle of the Bands 7:30-10:30 pm
- February 16 1:10 dismissal for homeroom adviser/advisee meetings
- February 18 No School for Students
- February 21 No School for Students
Winter Dance/Battle of the Bands
- Saturday, February 5.
- Doors open at 7:30 pm.
- Battle of the Bands starts at 9 pm.
- Event ends by 10:30 pm.
- Students may bring a guest from another school.
- Registration and tickets are available in the main office for $10 per person.
- If bringing an outside guest students must purchase tickets in advance and provide guest information.
- Current standard is masks are required for this event.
Coffee with Counselors
- Application Process
- Financial Aid
- NCAA and NAIA eligibilty for sports
- and more
Saturday, February 5 9-10:30 am. To RSVP go to the most recent School Counseling Newsletter and fill out the RSVP form on the Coffee with Counselors announcement
Recruiting Sophomores for Initial Avenue Scholars Cohort at WHS
- whose family qualifies for free/reduced lunch.
- interested in going to work, seeking certification, or may be interested in a community college program.
- interested in Trades/Manufacturing, Information Technology, Transportation/Auto/Diesel, Business, or Health Services.
- seeking mentoring through high school and beyond.
- See the flyer below for more info and/or contact Ashley Knott at email@example.com.
Homeroom Adviser/Advisee and Parent Conferences
- February 16 1:15-8 pm
- Meetings can be in person, by Webex, or by phone.
- An opportunity to discuss class choices, progress towards graduation, and future plans/opportunities.
- Your student has been doing initial work on class choices with school counselors in seminar class.
- Buses will run at normal times after school. Students can wait in the Courtyard for transportation on this day.
Spring Calendar Dates
- Wednesday, February 16 1:15-8 pm
Parent Teacher Conferences for high school students
- Thursday, March 10 8 am-4 pm
- Saturday, April 9 Lauritzen Gardens
- This is the Saturday preceding spring break from April 11-15.
- Conflicts with different school activities and venue availability impact the choice of prom each year. This is the best date considering all factors.
- Prom is for junior and senior students and a guest.
- April 11-15
Senior Honors Night
- May 11 (This is a change)
- May 15, 2022 2 pm Baxter Arena
Last Day of School
- May 27, 2002