Summit High School
- On September 16th, from 4:00 to 8:00 PM, FUSD will be hosting a FREE and information packed virtual College and Career Fair. Students, if you’re interested in attending, please use this link: https://ie.6connex.us/event/collegeandcareerfair21/register
- Along these same lines, our College Center will now be open during both lunches on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays to assist with the college application process. This includes the FAFSA / Dream Act, FSA ID, UC and Cal State application questions, private and out -of-state college applications, as well as scholarships.
- We are excited to share with you that we now have a monthly Counselor Newsletter! This will allow our Counseling Department to share information with our students and parents about important upcoming dates and events. The newsletter can be accessed on our school website under the Counseling tab. You may also use the following link: Summit HS Counseling
- Masks are not needed outside, but are needed inside. Students, please be sure to have your mask on prior to entering your classrooms. We are still encouraging social distancing, although it is not required.
- Parents, just a reminder to please regularly check Parent Q. It will allow you to track your student’s progress and communicate with their teachers. It’s a great resource!
- We’d like to suggest that you also regularly check Summit’s website. We’re working diligently to keep you informed about what’s happening on campus. Also, if you have any suggestions to make our website better, more user friendly, etc., please let us know. We’re always open to suggestions.
- Assembly Bill AB 104 Information: California recently passed Assembly Bill-104 (AB-104) to provide options for students to counteract and negate the academic impact the pandemic had on their grades. AB-104 allows parents/guardians to apply to have their child’s grade(s) earned during the 2020-2021 school year changed to Pass/No pass. It is important to note that some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a “PASS” or “NO PASS” grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes. Per statue, the California State University system is required to accept for admission purposes, and without prejudice, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for any coursework for an applicant who was enrolled in a high school in the state during the 2020-2021 school year. For more information please see the attached documents below.
- If you would like to apply to have your child’s grade(s) earned during the 2020-21 school year changed to a Pass or No Pass, please complete the attached application, and submit it to the front office by the end of the day on September 15, 2021. Any application submitted after this date will not be accepted pursuant to EC 49066.5 (Section 2)(g). If you have any questions, please contact the office (see e-mail addresses listed below).
- After school tutoring is back! Students can come by the Tutoring Center (Staff Cafe) after school from 3:45 PM to 4:45 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Also, we are now offering an evening virtual session on TEAMS from 7:30-8:30 PM on Wednesdays. For the location on TEAMS please go to the Team-Summit-Students page then look to the left for Mr. Delgado-7:30 PM to 8:30 PM Virtual Tutoring.
As always, we are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mr. Cerda ASB Director: email@example.com
Ms. Kiggins (AVID): firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ciprian (A-Cl): email@example.com
Ms. Avila (Co-Ha): firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Gonzalez-Torres (He-Ml): email@example.com
Mr. Casas (Mo-Rod): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Murillo (Roj-Z): email@example.com
Mr. Peterson, Athletic Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Lopez, Assistant Principal 9th Grade: email@example.com
Mr. Hannon, Assistant Principal 12th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Castanon, Principal, 11th Grade: email@example.com
Ms. Guerrucci-Pierce, Assistant Principal 10th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Castanon, Principal: email@example.com
If you need an e-mail that isn’t listed here, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll provide it.
Keep on SOARing SkyHawks!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
This week in Sports!
AB 104 Documents
2021-2022 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade Administrative Designee
9th Grade Assistant Principal
ASB/Student Activities Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: M - Rog
Last names: ROJ - Z