CHES FALCON FOCUS
May 13, 2016
MCHS Graduation Walk!
As always, thanks to everyone for your flexibility. This is an exciting opportunity to congratulate many former students as they reach this milestone!
A MESSAGE FOR MATH TEACHERS FROM BRYAN JOHNSON
- They wanted access to more technology
- They needed at least a teacher edition as a resource
- They wanted access to more online assessment and curriculum resources if possible to support technology integration
We shared with these groups and with you that our goal was to accomplish each of these areas (themes). For 16-17 we will have:
- Access to a significantly increased number of laptops
- Teacher editions for all Math teachers
- Acquisition of an online assessment platform (PowerSchool/Interactive). In addition, we have identified a curriculum resource platform linked to powerSchool and should have access to share with teachers in the coming months.
These are exciting times for teaching and learning in CMCSS! Math teachers should be expecting an email from Susan Sewell and Jamie James following up on the materials they received.
- Battle of the Books
- 5th grade to visit MCMS
- PD meeting begins @ 7:15 in MC
- Relay for Life Jeans Day
- Last Day for RTI
Late Bus Duty: Fifth Grade
- K-4 Awards Ceremonies in Gym during planning
- Picnic Day & Yearbook Signing
- 1/2 Day for Students
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony @ 9:00 in Gym
- CHES Luncheon: More information to come!
27 Staff Development Day
MISS KALA THOMAS
Hometown: Dover, TN
Family: Boyfriend- Adam, dog- Polly, cat- Fatty
If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I would live in Florence, Italy and visit the Uffizi Gallery as often as I want.
What really makes you angry? Cruelty to animals and children makes me angrier than anything.
If money were no object, what would you do all day? I would listen to music and make artwork all day!
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to and why? I would travel to the year 1515 so I could meet Leonardo da Vinci.
If you could join any past or current music group, which would you want to join?Radiohead or Depeche ModeIs
Is there anything specific you would like everyone to know about you? I’m a very quiet person and always have been. If I’m not talking much it doesn’t mean I’m upset, that’s just my personality! J