Mac El Weekly News
Message from the Principal
Welcome Mac El Students!
Returning back to school may create both excitment and anxiety for students. Let us assure you there will be plenty of staff to assist students if they don't remember how to get to their class. Parents will NOT be permitted to walk students to class to reduce the exposure of additional adults to our students. Again, our staff will take great care of your child!
See below for more specific information for the upcoming events. I will be sending a weekly newsletter to keep you informed of happenings at Maconaquah Elementary.
Looking forward to a great year!
Maconaquah Elementary School
Mark Your Calendar
Thursday, July 29 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - Find your Classroom night
- This is an opportunity for students and families to find the location of their classroom. The building will be open from 6:00 - 7:00pm. Teachers will NOT be present and classrooms will be locked so families are asked not to bring anything with them for their child's classroom.
Monday, August 2 - First Day of School!
- We are so excited to see you! See below for drop off/pick up times
August 4 - 5:00 - 6:30pm - Meet the Teacher Wednesday,
- Parents may come to the building to meet their student's teacher. Teachers will have time to present some information on their class procedures and expectations. Community organizations will also be available to provide information and answer questions.
- There will be 2 sessions so parents with more than one child will have a chance to move rooms.
- 5:10pm Session 1 begins
- 5:45pm Session 1 begins
- When finished with a session, families will be able to go the related arts classrooms and meet teachers or stop by the community tables.
School Drop Off/Pick up
8:30am - Students must be in class or they will be considered tardy. If your child arrives 8:30am or after, parents/guardians will need to sign in their student.
3:15pm - Student Dismissal