Merryhill School News
May 4, 2018
As you know, we had a team in our school from Advanc-Ed this week for our re-accreditation. Our visit went perfectly, and we are looking forward to continuing our accredited status.
Teacher Appreciation Week
As a reminder, next week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Take a moment to send your child's teacher a note of thanks or small token of gratitude. Our teachers make an amazing difference in the lives of our students each and every day!
Fifth Grade Service Project
Our Fifth Grade students are collecting items for those that have served our country. There is a box in the office available for collection. They are collecting t-shirts, socks, deodorant, soap, and books (all new please) to be donated to the Veteran's Hospital. We will be collecting through Friday, May 11th.
Mother's Day Breakfast - Friday, May 11th
We would love to have all of our mothers, grandmothers, and other special women in our student's lives join us to celebrate you at our annual Mother's Day Breakfast on Friday, May 11th from 7:00-8:15 a.m. We would love to provide breakfast for you and have you enjoy a special meal with your student(s).
Summer Camp 2018 - Specialty Camp Registration
You have received your registration forms for our summer specialty camps - i.e. swimming lessons, cooking camp, soccer camp, art camp, and many more! Registration is on a first come, first serve basis; get your child registered today for the camps that you are interested in. The prices on the camps will go up beginning June 1st. As a reminder, payment is due at the time of registration.
Parenting Resources - Ending the School Year
We want to help keep our children engaged as we get closer to the end of another great school year.
- May 4: Aloha Dance (2nd grade and older) 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- May 7-11: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 8-11: Sixth Grade class trip to Washington D.C.
- May 11: Mother's Day Breakfast - 7:00-8:15 a.m.
- May 13: Mother's Day
- May 14: Second Grade enrichment trip to Henrietta Creek Orchard
- May 18: Parent's Night Out
- May 21-23: Scholastic Book Fair - Buy One, Get One Free!! - cash or check payments only
- May 23: Lunch Bunch
- May 25: Elementary Field Day
- May 29: Sixth Grade Graduation 1:00 p.m.
- May 29: Kindergarten Graduation 7:00 p.m.
- May 31: Last day of school
- June 1: Elementary school closed / Preschool open normal hours for preschool students only