Sept. 30 - Oct. 4
Message from the Principal
Dear Grange Hall Families,
Attendance Matters! Good attendance is the key to academic success.
Studies show that if your child misses 10% of the year, or 18 days, for any reason, they are likely to struggle in school. This actually comes out to an average of only two days a month. Absences add up!
Due to the Virginia Department of Education’s attendance regulations, it is very important that you contact the school each day your child is absent to give the reason for absences. If your student has seven unexcused absences, we will ask you to come in and meet with us.
If there are any barriers to your child attending school, please bring these barriers to the school staff’s attention to problem solve together.
- Parents may notify the school of their child’s absence by phone, email, or written note. We are asking GHES parents to use the Google form linked above to report your child's absence. If you are unable to use that form, you may call, email, or provide a written note.
Other important reminders:
- October 1 - pre-sale for Fall Carnival tickets at www.ghpta.com
- School Picture Day is Wednesday, October 2!
- Changes to your child's PM transportation must be received by the front office before 2:30 pm each day. This may be in the form of a note sent in with your child or phone call to the main office.
Thank you for your continued support of our school's vision "Together We: Learn, Grow, Lead."
The PTA would like to get to know our families and community a little better. Please take time fill out the survey. It will be opened until Saturday, Oct 5th.
Reflections Contest - Look Within
All submissions are due to GHES library soon. Please make sure you fill out your application paper for each artwork submission.
Calendar of Events
October 2 - Fall Picture Day & PTA Skate Night
October 10 - PTA mtg. 6 pm - Ms. Copp (school counselor) will be presenting.
October 11 - Early Dismissal for students/Teacher Workday
October 18 - Fall Carnival & Book Fair - 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
October 30 - College T-shirt Day
October 31 - Staff Appreciation - Candy Apple Bar
Gifted Referral Timelines:
- 5th grade: Sept. 16- Oct. 15
- 2nd-4th grade: Nov. 18- Dec. 16
Contact Shawn Ondrish, Assistant Principal, with questions.