End of school year processes
Please see below for various end of the school year information, including any action required by you for our various digital resources.
- 3CX Phone System
- Southview Teachers - Note
- Seesaw - Park Side Teachers
- Teams - All Teachers
- Stream - setting content permissions
- Schoology - MMS, MHS, MATEC
- Student Devices
- Paraprofessional Devices
- Teacher Devices
- Google Expeditions
3CX Phone System
Welcome to 3CX our new phone system!
Here’s some information about your extension and getting started.
Check out Your Quick Reference Guide for tips and how to’s.
Your extension details.
· Your extension number is found on your phone in the top left corner of the screen.
· Your extension PIN was sent to you via e-mail, but can be changed by putting in a schooldude ticket:
· If voicemail to email is not configured, you can check your voicemail from your desk phone by dialing 9999 (or pushing the envelope button) and entering your PIN.
Your Communications Dashboard - The Web client
o Login using your extension #
o Your password was sent via e-mail or can be reset by submitting a schooldude ticket.
· Retrieve your voicemail by clicking on the Voicemail option.
· Call numbers from web pages with the 3cx extension available from the "extensions" store within Edge and Chrome.
Your Office Extension Anywhere - The 3CX Apps
With 4 apps to choose from, you can communicate with your colleagues in or out of the office.
2. Open the app and scan the QR code found in the welcome email from 3cx.
Southview Teachers ~ Please Note
Seesaw ~ Park Side Teachers
End of the school year Seesaw
You may be wondering if there is anything you need to do to close out your Seesaw class at the end of the school year. Because our system is automated and your classes will archive automatically, there is nothing that you need to do. You may wish to share with parents that they have the option to download their child's Seesaw Portfolio. If they do not do this, they will no longer have access to their child's materials once the class is archived. Please refer to this link for instructions on how parents/guardians can download their student's portfolio from Seesaw. I would recommend they complete this process by June 11th.
You may also find this brief tutorial helpful in organizing your Seesaw Activities.
Second grade teachers please note: Your current Activities Library will follow you to Southview. However, you will no longer have access to the Park Side School Activities Library.
Teams ~ All Teachers
At the end of the school year, we will Archive and Expire all Class Teams to prepare for the 21-22 school year. This will be a new process for us this year so we wanted to communicate what we believe this process will look like for you.
When the classes expire the name will be updated with the expiration date to differentiate it from the next school year. Example “World History 10” updates to “Exp0621_World History 10”.
Once the classes are Archived the conversations and files with the team become read-only. This means Teachers and students will no longer be able to make changes within the team but will be able to download any class content they need for next school year.
To Access an archived team, follow the steps below ~ Click on image on the right:
- Open Teams
- Select Teams on the left side
- Click on the gear at the bottom of the list of Teams and select “Manage Teams”
- Click on the carrot next to Archived to view the list of archived classes and select the class you want to view.
- You can now select Files and download anything that might be needed for next year.
Here is a link to the Microsoft document on this topic.
Stream Videos ~ How to reuse
Schoology ~ Middle & High School Teachers
- Schoology courses will archive within 24-48 hours of the end of the term, which we have extended to June 7th in the Schoology system. Once courses are archived, you can view them in the Archive section within Schoology. Students are not able to interact with archived courses so will not be able to submit or complete any tests or quizzes.
- I encourage you to copy any current course data to the Resources section that has been established for your department or grade level. This will facilitate future use of these materials.
- If you need assistance with any of the above items, please let me know.
Student Devices ~ All Buildings
Senior devices will be collected at the end of the day on June 1st ~ details to follow on time and location.
West Side: Teachers please put devices into crates I provide for you and leave them in your classroom. Please put your empty cart with the items you are asking to be moved to Southview.
Park Side: Second grade teachers will remove iPads and chargers from their current carts and bring to the Park Side media center. Those empty carts will be moved to Southview - please put the empty cart with your items that you are asking to be moved to Southview. Remaining student device collection will take place June 1st and 2nd. More information and a schedule will come out as we get closer to those dates from Maggie.
Device fees for the 21-22 school year have been assessed to currently active students. This fee if paid by June 4th will provide coverage for the summer months as well as the full 21-22 school year. Current coverage expires at the end of this school year. If the fee for next school year is not paid, there will be no accidental damage coverage for that student/device.
Communication to families on the student device process for this spring is being distributed approximately May 10th. Should you get any questions from parents, please feel free to direct them to me.
During the 2020-21 school year, all paraprofessionals were issued a Windows laptop device to provide you a platform to connect with your students remotely due to the nature of the school year with hybrid and distance learning occurring. We will be retiring all devices in our district that are the model of device that you were issued (Lenovo) in the summer of 2021. Therefore, we will plan to collect the device and charger that was issued to you by the end of the 20-21 school year. Please plan to return this equipment to the media center in your building no later than June 3rd.
If you are in a role that will continue to need a device issued for the 2021-22 school year, you will be notified via email in August with the date and time that you should check out the device.
Teacher Devices ~ All Building
If you are not returning to MPS next school year, please turn your laptop and charger along with any other equipment to the media center in your building.
Google Press Release:
As schools around the world reimagine education from the ground up for a hybrid world, we've also been thinking deeply about how to adjust our tools to meet the moment and simultaneously build for the future. We've heard and recognize that immersive experiences with VR headsets are not always accessible to all learners and even more so this year, as the transition to hybrid learning has presented challenges for schools to effectively use Expeditions.
To make Expeditions VR tours available to everyone, we're migrating the majority of them to Google Arts & Culture's free site and application. There you'll also find a vast collection of cultural artifacts and stories from around the world which will enable everyone to continue exploring. However, as Arts & Culture expands the Google Expeditions app will no longer be available for download and Tour Creator will no longer be accessible as of June 30, 2021.