The Cuda Nation
BBST Newsletter, Volume 9, Issue 4
Final score: Bridgeland 825-Cy-Mills 642
To see meet results, login to bridgelandbarracudas.com. Go to meets, click on meet results. There is a pdf file with the results from the meet.
How awesome!! Not only did we keep our season streak alive with 2-0 record, we also added to our “Victory of Cy-Mills” streak to 3-0! I am so proud of your effort and hard work this week. Again, we had so many time drops, records broken, and swimmers qualifying for invitationals. Let’s keep up the hard work!
This week at practices we will be working on stroke development and technique on Monday and part of Tuesday. Tuesday and Wednesday will work on speed sets as well as diving/ meet prep. Since school ends on Thursday (Yay, summer!), we will not have practice on Thursday, 5/25.
For our upcoming meet, we will face the Copperfield Dolphins. We will need to utilize every practice and work hard to ensure another victory! This week’s Themed Practice Thursday (we will deck out in the theme at the pep rally since there is no practice on Thursday) will be “Deck the Dolphins” so wear Christmas attire. Last week’s #tpt had a great turnout, and I love seeing all that cuda spirit!
A couple of reminders for you this week:
- Please make sure that your swimmers are RSVPed for the meet. That means if you do not plan to attend the meet, please RSVP “NO.” If you do plan to attend the meet, RSVP “YES” each Tuesday by 8pm. I understand life gets busy and it is easy to forget, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to RSVP. I want to make sure everyone gets a chance to swim in the upcoming meets as well as allowing meets to move smoothly without too many empty lanes.
- Please be aware that all relays are chosen by the coaching staff. We take computerized order, seed times, split times, past races, and practice improvement, into consideration. Our “A” and “B” relays are based highly on speed and the fastest times. Our “C”uda relay swimmers are selected based on swimmers’ cuda spirit and their effort in practices and meets. Unfortunately, not all swimmers can be in the relays, but we do try our best to allow swimmers get the opportunity to take part.
- I also want to take a second to recognize all of our Cuda Buddies this year! It has been so amazing to see the connections and friendships between our swimmers, young and old. I hope y’all have been enjoying it this season as much as I have! Great job!
Thank you to board members, parents, and volunteers for all of your hard work and dedication. You are appreciated and nothing would be possible without you! Let’s have another great week! I can’t wait! J For any questions, comments, or feedback, please email email@example.com.
Stay safe and swim happy!
Dunk the dolphins pep rally
Bridgeland Barracudas v. Copperfield Dolphins
When: May 27th
Where: Copperfield - Dolphins
7703 Park Falls
Houston, TX 77095
The volunteer position sign-ups will open at 9:00 P.M. TONIGHT (Sunday, May 21st) on http://www.bridgelandbarracudas.com. Spots are limited, so make a decision quickly. Please be respectful when choosing a volunteer spot. Do not take the maximum per family right away as it will mean others cannot sign up.
RSVP closes Tuesday, May 23rd at 5 P.M. and Volunteer sign-ups close on Wednesday, May 11th at 9 P.M. If you have any questions regarding any of this, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swimmers, please arrive at 7am to check in. 11 and up check in at the table next to the volunteer check in. 10 and under check in at age group tents.
Coach Jennie will begin collecting cards at 7:15am. If you have not gotten your yellow card at that time, your child will be scratched from their events.
Warmups will be at 7:45. Your swimmers will be called by age group.
The meet will start at 8:30am.
Candy from your coaches
The Cuda Coaches want to see the swimmers after they swim each time at the meet!
When your Cuda gets out of the water after swimming in each event, have them go see the coaches. After giving them constructive feedback, the coaches will give your Cuda some candy!
This is a great time for your swimmer to ask about a DQ (disqualification) or to find out what to do better.
It doesn't matter if your Cuda is a 6 & under or an 18 year old, the coaches want to give them a high five and candy for their awesome swimming! Don't miss out!
Theme practice thursday
If your swimmer comes to practice dressed for the theme, they get a prize! This week we will Deck the Dolphins. Come dressed in Christmas attire this Thursday!
Take a picture of your Cuda swimmer wearing their TPT outfit and post it on Facebook. Make sure to include #CudasTPT2017 so we can find it and feature it in the Cuda Nation!
School Year Practice schedule-last week of afternoon practices
Now thru May 24th
NO PRACTICE Memorial Day, May 29th
13 & up **
6 & Under & new 7 year olds *
7 & 8 year olds
9 & 10 year olds
11 & 12 year olds **
*All new-to-the-team 7 year olds must attend the 6 & under practice until the coach says it is time to move to the 7/8 practice.
**Swimmers 11 & Up will need tennis shoes everyday for dry land exercises (first 15 minutes of each practice). They may want to wear shorts and/or a shirt over their suit for this portion.
Summer practice schedule
May 30th-June 23rd
Mondays are afternoon practices are at the same time as "School Year" schedule times due to pool cleaning and maintenance.
Tuesdays through Thursdays
9 & 10 year olds
7 & 8 year olds
6 & Under & new 7 year olds
11 & up
8:45-9:45 A.M. (with 15 minute dry land)
- 5/26-Pep rally @ Lakeland Village Park
- 5/27-Swim meet v. Copperfield (away)
- 6/2-Pep rally @ Lakeland Village Park
- 6/3-Swim meet v. Deerfield (home)
- 6/9-Pep rally @ Lakeland Village Park
- 6/10-Swim meet v. Jersey Village (away)
- 6/16-Pep rally @ Lakeland Village Park
- 6/17-Divisionals @ Cy-Ranch HS
- 6/19-End of season party @ Bridgeland pool
- 6/24 & 6/25-Invitationals
thank you to our butterfly sponsors
2017 Bridgeland Barracuda sponsors
Cuda Families, we encourage you to show your support of these businesses as a thank you for their contributions to our swim team.
FOUNDRY SUMMER 2017 JOIN US FOR THE BEST SUMMER EVER!!
Please visit www.foundrychurch.org to register for any of these camps offered at our Fry Road campus and for additional camps offered at our Jones Road campus.
Vacation Bible School
Maker Fun Factory
June 19-23, 9 am-Noon
Completed K-6th grade
Triumph Sports Camp
June 19-22, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Monday – Thursday)
Completed K-4th grade Triumph Sports is a Christ-centered program that uses sports to spread the Gospel. This is an after VBS program so you can drop your camper off at 8:45 a.m. and when VBS is over, your camper will be escorted to lunch with the Triumph staff and then on to the fun of camp.
Cost: $85 until June 1 and then $95