October Tidbits #5
October 29, 2023
Two Enormous Thank Yous!
1. I want to say thank you to all of the guardians, staff and students that made Red Ribbon week such a success. Remember, "Be kind to your mind. Live drug free".
2.Thank you to the PTO, volunteers, donators and TCES staff for bringing the TCES community together for a fantastic Fall Festival. I know I had great time and can't wait for the next event.
Parents Have Homework, Too!
Thank you for your support!
Mr. Kent and the TCES family
1. Don't forget to complete the Acceptable Use Policy agreement.
All students are required to have an acceptable use policy agreement (AUP) on file. This is to be completed by the PARENT or GUARDIAN of the student. This needs to be completed for each student you have in the school system. At the end of the form you have the option to submit another response for your additional students.
2. Volunteer at the Scholastic Book Fair!
3. IMPORTANT: Please fill out Impact Aid & Emergency Information Update forms
Online Federal Impact Aid- The school system receives federal grant funds to operate and maintain the schools for federally-connected students. To receive these federal funds, the United States Department of Education (USDE) requires the school system to survey each student.Online Federal Impact Aid Forms are now available through the Home Access Center (HAC). Once logged in, directions to access the online form can be found HERE. A video with instructions is available HERE. The form can now be accessed in Spanish by clicking on the Globe in the top right-hand corner once the form has been started. The deadline for the online submission of Federal Impact Aid Survey forms is November 14, 2023. For more guidance on how to access the Federal Impact Aid Survey, please visit HERE.
Online Emergency Information Update- Effective communication is critical to the success of St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS). This will be crucial not only for emergencies, but for our ability to communicate with families in general. Online Emergency Information Update Forms are now available through the student’s Home Access Center (HAC). Once logged in, directions to access the online form can be found HERE. A video with instructions is available HERE. Its vital that all information is updated in eSchool. The deadline for the online submission of Emergency Information Update forms is November 14, 2023.
- The first class to reach 100 percent submission will receive an ice cream social with Mr. Kent!
- Students will receive a small treat as soon as the database registers their forms (one treat for each form)! Some students received their treats today, and more will be distributed next week.
- All students will receive up to two chances to win a Town Creek Sweatshirt in a drawing at the conclusion of the submission period. (One chance per form.)
TCES Scholastic Book Fair
50th Day of School Celebration
Special Education Community Night
St. Mary's County Families,
Please join us for our St. Mary's County Special Education Community Night. See below for details. This is a free event for our families, all we ask is that you register in advance so that we can plan accordingly. Please register using this quick survey.
We look forward to seeing you there!
SMCPS Department of Special Education
in partnership with Partners for Success (PFS) and Citizen's Advisory Committee for Special Education (CACSE)
Letter for 3rd Grade Parents
TCES Spirit Wear
Ready to rock some new Town Creek threads? A wide variety of spirit wear is now available from hoodies to sweatpants!
Select this link to see pictures and detailed descriptions of the seven new items available in both youth and adult sizes.
To order, you can print this form and send cash or check, or you can order everything online in the My School Bucks School Store. For directions on how to order through the MSB School Store, please select this link.
The items will be delivered to your student at school as soon as they arrive at TCES.
**NOTE: Do not put money into the lunch money account for this purchase! That is a separate account from the School Store and can NOT be transferred.
The Town Creek Elementary School PTO would like to thank the community for supporting our two Spirit Night fundraisers this month. The Slim Chickens fundraiser earned $820, and the PTO will receive $123 of that.
And thank you to all who came out to support the Fall Festival! We hope everyone had a great time.
Questions? Contact PTO president Lydia Rivera at email@example.com.
October & November Calendar Events
Join us at TCES!!
- October 27th - November 3 - TCES Book Fair - Click here to volunteer!
- November 2nd - 50th Day of School celebration
- November 6th - St. Mary's County Special Education Community Night @ Evergreen ES
- November 7th - Report Card distribution via HAC
- November 10th - Schools closed in observance of Veterans Day (November 11)
- November 20 - Classic Photography Retakes
- November 22 - Thanksgiving Break (No School for students and 10-11 month employees)
- November 23-24 - Thanksgiving Break (All Schools and Offices Closed)