The Bulldog Bulletin
News from Crown Point Community School Corporation
Educator Appreciation Week
We asked just a few of our 2022 graduates to reflect on what CPCSC teachers have meant to them over the last 13 years.
Join Dr. Todd Terrill, Superintendent of Crown Point Community School Corporation, for conversation and coffee at the Cedar Lake Library on Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 4:15 p.m. No RSVP is needed for this event. This will be our final Coffee & Conversation of the current school year.
Important Note from our Food Services Department
There are sites through the Summer Food Service Program that will be serving meals to students in need. You can find a site by visiting https://www.fns.usda.gov/meals4kids. You can also text “Summer Meals” to 914-342-7744 or call 1-866-348-6479 to find a site near you.
For the 2022-2023 school year, families will need to complete a meal and textbook assistance application, which will be available on our website starting July 1, 2022.
Our Food Services team is currently accepting employment applications for various positions in our kitchens for the 2022-2023 school year. Applications can be submitted through the district's website.
Registration for next year will take place in late July. Information will be available on the district website, social media, and in the summer edition of "We Are CP" magazine.
Community and Club Info
- CPHS Robotics is taking applications for 8th grade students who would like to join the team as freshmen. Interested students should review the presentation at this link and complete the application form with your parents/guardians.
- Our partners at ESS will be hosting a hiring fair on Thursday, July 9th from 9 am to 2 pm at our Learning Center. Learn about working as a substitute for Crown Point Schools and start your application on-site.
- The Crown Point Community Library is hosting their summer reading program June 1 - July 31.
- The City of Crown Point PACE Department is hiring for summer positions. This is a great summer job opportunity for older high school students. You can find more information on the City of Crown Point's website.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Cedar Lake has openings available for summer camp/care, and some families may qualify for reduced rates or scholarships.
We recently updated our website with a building-by-building overview of the construction projects that will take place over the next two years. We will also continue to update the month-by-month progress.
Col. Wheeler Middle School
- Bid packages were received and the board approved the final bids at the April board meeting
New Taft Middle School
- Completed structural steel and foundation walls in academic wing
- Continued digging and pouring footings in auditorium
- Began laying concrete masonry units in southern gym
Crown Point High School
- Completed concrete footings for classroom addition
- Began demolition of courtyard
- Began laying concrete masonry unit foundations for classroom addition