Glover & Taylor Law Firm
Everyone Need Help With Civil Law Terms !!!!!
- Plaintiff- The person or party failing a lawsuit.
- Defendant- An individual or group being sued or charged with a crime.
- Summons-A notice directing someone to appear in court to answer an compliant or a charge.
- Complaint- A formal notice that a lawsuit is being brought.
- Pleadings- The complaint and answer combined in a civil case.
- Meditation- situation in which a third party helps the plaintiff and defendant reach an agreement.
- Arbitration- third party settles the dispute and the decision of the arbitrator is legally binding.
- Verdict- decision in a case made by a judge or jury.
- Appeal- Plaintiff may appeal to a higher court if dissatisfied with judge’s verdict.
- Pretrial Conference -is called by the judge. Two sides clarify differences
- trial- formal examination of evidence before a judge, and typically before a jury, in order to decide guilt in a case of criminal or civil proceedings.
9:00 am -5:00 Pm