The Bobcat Bulletin
Farmington View Weekly Newsletter for Families
Today's Learners, Tomorrow's Leaders
I feel like all the rain this weekend has reminded me that we are in Fall, despite the super hot weather last week... Football was on the TV this weekend and pumpkin spice is back!
This week we can expect to see our routines to start to settle in a little more and the kids will hopefully be getting more comfortable with their new teacher and classmates. I noticed teachers using pre-assessments last week to get a baseline of where students are entering academically which will be important when establishing groups and targeting instruction. I also saw classrooms where collaboration was at the center of the lessons. Students were engaged and working together to find solutions. Highly effective!
Shout Out: Thank you to everyone who has helped with planning the auction. I was at a planning meeting on Friday and it was amazing to see how much work goes into planning such a big event. We appreciate you!
Here are a couple of things to know this week:
- Americorps - Unfortunately transportation again is a barrier that we not able solve at this time. The candidate that we had interview will not be joining us this year. We will still be looking into applicants as they come in, but it is looking as though we may not have an Americorps member this year. I'm also exploring other options for support.
- Volunteers Wanted - If you have not yet filled out the volunteer form in the office, please consider doing so, we appreciate all the help we can get! There is also a volunteer form you can fill out on the district website. We are still looking for help in classrooms and in the library. Thank you all who have already donated your time!
- FUNDRAISER ASSEMBLY FRIDAY @1:30 (You are always welcome to attend).
- Pickup Routine- I shared at the Booster meeting that we now have a plan to make some changes to the after school pickup routine that will greatly improve safety and efficiency. It will require the district to come and do some re-striping in the front of the school where the busses pickup as well as on the pickup loop. The big announcement is that we will be changing the pickup loop from being where cars/parents pickup to where the bus loads. By swapping the location of these, we will improve the flow of traffic drastically. Please Note: The change will not officially start until we have the new lines painted and some signs made. I am hesitant to put an exact date on his because it is not clear how long the work will take. I will continue to update you along the way and will make a new video explaining the changes when we are ready to launch the new system.
- Photo Opt-Out: As you know, I am in classrooms a lot and like to take pictures of the learning that is happening to share on our website through Twitter. I try not to include students faces as much as possible, but sometimes it will happen. If you do not want your child to have their photo taken, i totally understand. Please just contact the office to make sure you are on the opt-out list.
- Food Pantry: The Hillsboro 2035 Community Plan contains several initiatives which could positively impact our school community. One initiative, (Action D) is to "Establish food pantries, school backpack or similar programs in all schools". I would like to have our student leadership team work on a plan to design what this program will look like at Farmington View as a service project. In the meantime, if you would like to donate any canned food, we might as well get started now! September we will be focused on collecting Soups : )
Have an amazing week!
A Message From the Boosters
A Message From FVPAE (Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence)
- Ice cream! This Wednesday night! Come join your fellow Farmington View families this Wednesday, September 21 from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Cold Stone Creamery (on TV Highway between Target and Rite Aid). A percentage of all sales for the night supports our math program. You can purchase Cold Stone gift cards (Magic Math Money) at the school beforehand so that your evening at Cold Stone actually benefits the math program twice. See you there!
The first Magic Math Money order for the year is due Monday, September 19 at 2:00 p.m. in the office. It’s easy: you order gift cards for your everyday use and Farmington View's math program gets a percentage of the sale. Remember, the school earns money at no extra cost to you! Order forms are available on Farmington View’s website or in the office. You can turn your order in anytime and it will be placed on the next order date. Special offer: Order a $50 Columbia Sportswear card with the September 19th MMM order and receive a pass for you and 4 people to the Employee Store (passes good through October 2). Lastly, do you need some gift cards quickly? Our supply of on-hand gift cards in the office is fully stocked and awaiting your purchase. Just swing by the office and select which gift cards you’d like to purchase for your favorite grocery stores, restaurants, major retailers, book stores and more.
Other Items from FVES
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- 19th: Magic Math Money Due
- 20th: Band Starts!
- 21st: Cold Stone Ice cream Night! 6:00 - 9:00
- 23: Fall Fundraiser Begins (Assembly @1:30)
- 24: Parents Night Out (@Coyotes if you would like to join)
- 27th: Elementary Leadership Collaboration
- 30th: Picture Day!
- 1st: Pop Can Recycling (10:00AM to 12:00 PM)
- 4th: FVPAE Meeting @2:15pm
- 20th: Booster Club Meeting
- 22nd: Auction!