Information and Forms
Debbie Vanderlip, Pupil Accounting Secretary
Registration is by appointment unless you attend kindergarten registration at one of the five buildings during round up. Please plan on bringing your child for testing and your paperwork when attending one of the sessions below:
Gaines Elementary School April 21, 2015 5:30-6:30 p.m. (810)591-1075
Syring Elementary School April 22, 2015 6:00-7:00 p.m. (810)591-1300
Elms Road Elementary School April 28, 2015 6:00-7:30 p.m. (810)591-1249
Morrish Elementary School April 29, 2015 6:00-7:30 p.m. (810)591-0581
Dieck Elementary School May 12, 2015 6:00-7:30 p.m. (810)591-5270
This document contains information about kindergarten registration.
This packet contains general registration information and all the forms that you need to register your child for kindergarten.
Central Student Registration Information and Requirements
Swartz Creek Community Schools has a centralized student registration process. If you miss attending one of the kindergarten round up events at each of the five elementary buildings, then registration is held at the Administration Building located at 8354 Cappy Lane between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. Please call 810-591-2300 to schedule your appointment for registration.
Please bring the following documentation to enroll your child in Swartz Creek Community Schools
Due to reporting requirements, students will not be allowed to start school until all documentation is on file.
- Completed registration packet
- Student’s certified birth certificate
- Proof of immunizations
- Parent or Guardian’s drivers license or Michigan I.D. with the correct address
- Proof of residency –one of the following:
or a current utility statement
- Legal guardianship or custody paperwork
- Special Education IEP- if applicable
- Proof of vision screening
105/105c State Schools of Choice
Swartz Creek Community Schools will begin taking applications for the upcoming 2015‐20156school year,
May 1‐August 15, 2015. 105/105c State Schools of Choice applications are for students who live
outside of the Swartz Creek Community School district and wish to attend Swartz Creek Community
Applications will be available here starting May 1, 2015 or at the Swartz Creek
Community Schools Administration building located at 8354 Cappy Lane. Parents will be required to
submit a discipline report for the past two school years (if applicable) before applications can be
reviewed for acceptance. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Vanderlip, (810) 591‐2385.
SC Schools Mission, Vision & Beliefs
MISSION: Swartz Creek Community Schools inspires our learners to embrace challenges, set goals, grow their talents, and realize their dreams for success in a global society.
VISION: Swartz Creek Community Schools provides a world class education through innovative experiences while developing the unique talents of our learners.
- We believe in a culture of learning.
- We believe that student learning should be the primary goal for all decisions made affecting the school district.
- We believe the climate and culture of the school is engaging, nurturing, challenging, and inspires students to express their personal ideas.
- We believe curriculum is integrated, differentiated, meaningful, and pertinent to life.
- We believe in culturally relevant education that provides the knowledge and skills to meet the global challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
- We believe in continuous improvement informed by critical evaluation and reflection.
- We believe expanding technologies enrich how teachers teach and students learn.
- We believe in building relationships and sharing resources with our community, parents, and staff members.