Classification of Living Organisms
By the end of this unit, I will be able to:
- Construct and use Dichotomous Keys to classify organisms.
- Interpret a Cladogram or Phylogenetic Tree showing evolutionary relationships among organisms.
- Describe relationships based on Homologous Structures.
- Compare Structural Characteristics of an extinct organisms with current organisms based on Fossils.
- Recognize similarities in embryonic stages in diverse organisms and infer relationships.
- Compare Biochemical evidence (DNA or Amino Acid Sequences) and describe relationships.
- Investigate Flora and Fauna in the field and apply classification systems.
Vocabulary: Fill in the definition
- Binomial Nomenclature
- Domain > Kingdom > Phylum > Class > Order > Family > Genus > Species
- Dichotomous Keys
- Homologous Structures
- Flora and Fauna
- Developmental Stage
- Phylogenetic Tree