Privacy and Security
By: Vicki Dahlke
- A secret word or phrase that is used to access something.
- Use a word or phrase that is not easy for someone else to access
- Don't tell anyone your password
- Make a different password for everything
- To trick someone
- The purpose of a scam is to steal your information
- They do this by emailing you saying you can win free things
- Don't open emails that look shady
- Don't send someone your information if you don't know them
- Don't add people on social media if you have never met them
- Don't wire money to people because it could be a stranger
- If you get an email look at it thoroughly, so you can tell if it's fake
- You will never actually win anything when those adds pop up
- Your photos may be for sale if you agree to the terms
- You many not be able to delete the account
- Companies can track your activities
- Your data can be given to law enforcement, and you many never know
What exactly are you agreeing to with an end-user agreement?
- Avoiding Online Scams | OnGuard Online." Avoiding Online Scams | OnGuard Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
- Luckerson, Victor. "7 Surprising Things Lurking In Online 'Terms of Service' Agreements." Business Money 7 Surprising Things Lurking In Online Terms of Service Agreements Comments. Time, 28 Aug. 2012. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.