To The Point!
Acupuncture on the Radio - KFAI
Did you know that one of our fellow acupuncture colleagues, Margaret Landry, does a talk radio show on KFAI's Community Access Program 'The WAVE Project'?
We at AOMAM want to get the word out about this because a very important mission is to help the public understand more about our profession and what we can do to help them. That's the intention of this program.
- Sunday, April 19 at 10:00am
- Guests: Bonnie Bolash and TBA
Do you want to participate? For newer practitioners especially, this would be a great opportunity to get your name out there and have something! Margaret requests that you have a topic you would like to cover, several questions you would like to be asked about it, and a study you would like to describe/discuss. You would need to be at the station on the West bank at about 9:15am until at least 11:00am.
- At this time, there's room for another guest or two on April 19. Contact Margaret at email@example.com
If you're not available now but have a topic you'd love to discuss, contact Margaret with a description and a couple of suggested dates in August or September, as there's an application process for each show.
- Acupuncture's use in the management of pain
- The recent change in the Joint Commission's guidelines for pain management
- Pain research
- What's acupuncture good for?
- What should patients expect?
- What if a patient doesn't like needles--what else can an acupuncturist do for a patient?
- How acupuncture works - mechanisms, biomedicine
- There will be opportunities for people to call in with questions and comments. This makes the show livelier and more fun to listen to, so please feel free to call in or suggest to friends, families, patients, etc. to call in!
- Get word out to your friends, families and patients about the show
- 'Like' The WAVE Project on Facebook
- Feel free to comment or ask questions on Facebook. These may be used on the show.
- Listen, if you can, on April 19 at 10:00am
Minneapolis 90.3 FM
St. Paul 106.7 FM
outside of Metro area - stream online at http://www.kfai.org ('Listen Now' button)
If you can't listen in, or want to have a recording of the program, it will be available for download for about a week afterwards at http://www.kfai.org
Our Mission at AOMAM
Our mission is to:
Advance the profession of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine within the state of Minnesota by supporting our members through continuing education, legislative activities, and as a link to national developments and research within our profession.
Promote ethical and professional standards for our practitioners.
Educate the public about the capabilities of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and provide information to help them find licensed qualified practitioners.