What's Going On In The World Of Danny Jones
Dates to Remember
- Fall Picture retakes - November 28
- Basketball games - Girls @ DJMS; Boys @ Coble - November 29
- 8th-grade AVID Field trip - November 29
- Colors for caring - December 3
- Toys for Tots Community Event December 5
- Boys Basketball Tourney @ DJMS - December 7-8
- Basketball games vs Jobe - December 13
- Basketball games vs Worley - December 16
- Finals week - December 16-20
- No School for students December 21
- Winter Break - December 24-January 7
- School Resumes January 8
We are still collecting toys for the Toys for Tots campaign. Bring in a new toy by Friday. Our goal is 1350 and we are at 200 toys.
Danny Jones Lost & Found
Will Be Donated
MISD Clothes Closet
Please Check the Lost & Found
If You Are Missing Anything
Yankee Candle Fundraiser
Was a Success!!
Students Raised Over
$7,500 in Profit
It’s not Too Late to Order!
Danny Jones earns profits on Online Orders
Through January 9, 2019
Group Code 999984205
Yankee Candle Limo Lunch Winners
Sold 15 Items or More
Permission Slips will be Coming Home
Limo Lunch is During 4th Period
Wednesday, December 12th
NJHS is still working hard during their "Season of Giving". We are STILL looking for your help in making this year's Toy Drive a huge success. You can drop your toys off to Mrs. Roberson, Ms. Sparkman or Ms. Bailey. DJMS has always been able to donate the largest number of toys for the MISD Toys for Tots. We are in need of your help! TOYS ARE DUE BY MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2018. PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR GOAL.
NJHS Winter Formal is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 14, 2018. Get ready to wear your dressy attire. If you have any Christmas Decorations to donate, please contact Mrs. Roberson or Ms. Bailey. We are always looking for volunteers to assist in putting on this event. If you are interested please contact the school to get information on volunteering for the dance.
Craft Club is working to create Holiday Gift Cards for the children at Cook's Children Hospital. Our 1st project has started with the students creating Christmas cards for the children in Cook's Children's Hospital. We are also looking to create a beautiful gift for the teachers and staff. Any donations of scrapbook paper, markers, pipe cleaner, yarn, etc for creating crafts will be greatly appreciated. The students will also learn to bake and decorate Christmas cookies. Recipes, food items for baking, and Christmas treat bags are just a few of the items we are looking for. And we are looking for adult assistance. Contact Ms. Bailey if interested.
Dance Club will be performing at the 1st Basketball Game of the season on Thursday, November 29, 2018, 5:30/7:00.
NJHS WILL BE RINGING THE SALVATION ARMY BELL! Date: Monday, December 3, 2018 Location: Walmart on Walnut Creek Drive (Home and Garden Side) MEET US THERE....
The Theatre Department will present their UIL One-Act Play competition show, Shipwrecked! An Entertainment by Donald Margulies, on Monday, December 3rd at 6:30 pm in the DJMS cafeteria. Shipwrecked! follows the [real?] adventures of Louis de Rougemont from Victorian London to the Coral Sea to Australia and back to London. Admission is free and open to the public.
2019-2020 District Calendar Survey
Members of the Mansfield ISD Districtwide Educational Improvement Committee (DEIC) recently selected two options as finalists for the 2019-20 school year calendar.
The district is now seeking public feedback to determine which option will be best for MISD students, staff and the community.
View the options here before completing the survey at the bottom of the page. The survey will close on Friday, Nov. 30 at 5 p.m.
Please note that the last day of school does not fall before the Memorial Day holiday in any of the options because the state moved its testing dates to later in the month. If you have any questions or comments about the survey, please call 817-299-6320 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help for parents - How to sign up for Canvas
Student help for Canvas
We have a fantastic school year ahead of us. As we anticipate the memories, friendships and special times ahead, we’re also looking forward to one of our favorite traditions—the yearbook.
We will accept yearbook orders at our yearbookforever.com.
Lost and Found is now double this size. Please find a home for these items or they will be donated to the MISD Clothes Closet the end of November.
Arrival and Dismissal at DJMS
- Students are to be dropped off in front of the building for arrival. The building opens at 8:10 each day. If arriving for a sport, follow the coaches directions for arrival.
- Students are to be picked up on the side or in front of the school. This is the Broad St. side or the Day Miar side of the school.
- Follow the flow of traffic through the parking lot
- Students walking home or being picked up by their parents will leave the building from the front. Students are not to leave the building from side or back exit areas.
- Keep the circle drive clear for our designated cars and buses for that area.
- Keep the area in front of the dumpsters clear. This is a no parking or standing zone.
- The bus lane is in the back of the building near the football field. This is for buses only.
- If driving in the back, be mindful that students are crossing to the field for practice before and after school.
Meeting days and times for clubs:
Military Appreciation- Heather Fregia- Fridays @8:07 am D9
History Club- Terri Alexander-Wednesdays @4:30pm C5
K-Life-Kenya Ross-Fridays @8:07 am B2
Anime(Fandom)-Allen Baldwin-Fridays @4:20pm D13
FCA/Rachel's Devotion-Cedric Barnes-Thursdays @8:10 am D3
Coloring Club-Scarlett Perron-Wednesdays @4:15-4:45 pm ans Fridays @8:10 am C6
Birthday Bandits- Wendy Ruiz- Wednesdays @4:15 pm- Office Area
Soccer Club- Casey Sullivan-Tuesdays @4:20-5:20- B7(Outside)
Craft Club- Alicia Bailey- twice a month on Tuesdays( schedule sent through email)
More information to come about the following clubs:
Student Ambassadors- Tonya Willis/Michele Drake-
Memorial Garden- Ronetta Sawatzki
Chess Club- Sarah Law
Book Club- Alicia Rosales
Girl's Coding- Sonia Miller
Dance Club- Alicia Bailey-