BY GUNNAR JENDRZEY
Temperate Grasslands Biome
- The producers are the plants and grasses.
- The primary consumers are the rabbits, squirrels, mice, seed-eating birds, and herbivorous insects.
- The secondary consumers are spiders, predaceous insects, toads, and insectivorous birds.
- The tertiary consumers are foxes, hawks, and owls.
Assuming the sun has 100,000 J of energy...
- The producers get 10,000 J.
- The primary consumers get 1,000 J.
- The secondary consumers get 100 J.
- And the tertiary consumers get 10 J.
THE CARBON CYCLE
People and animals all give off carbon as well as consume it from plants. The green plants take in the carbon that we respire and get from combustion emissions. The greens plants then convert it into oxygen. All life on earth is based on carbon.