Ms. Foster's Class News
November 16, 2015
Fairmount - Where Effort Leads to Excellence.
* The graded Math Topic 6 test should come home today. Please discuss it with your child. Celebrate the successes and review any areas of concern,
* Please realize that students will lose their recess if they do not turn in work when it is due.
* Please remember to sign your child's planner and look at their PRIDE grade each evening!
About Jefferson City Trip
November 17, 2015
1. Students can ride the bus to school, however if a student is being dropped off by a parent, they must be here by 8:15. We hope to leave at 8:30.
2. Students should wear comfortable clothing, especially shoes. There will be lots of walking and standing.
3. Electronic games should be labeled with your child’s name. Small backpacks can be brought for storage. Electronics will stay on the bus.
4. There is no need for money.
5. Cameras must be disposable.
6. Students will need to bring 2 food bags. The lunch/drink and snack items must be packed separately!!! Everything should be disposable.
· The first is a sack lunch including a drink. The lunches will be carried for part of the day. Pack light and disposable! No lunch boxes!
· The second bag should have two snacks and 1 or 2 water bottles (depending on size). The second bag stays on the bus. Please make sure food items are “travel friendly” and reasonable in size.
7. When you pick up your child, you will have to sign them out. Please look for me. I will have a clipboard where you can sign your child out.
* Please consider signing up for Classroom Dojo. You will be able to see your child's daily progress.
To receive messages via text, text @4falcons to 81010
Writing: In writing, we will start discussing the literary essay.
Spelling: We will do List 13. Test is on Friday
Math: In Math, we are starting our third topic on multiplication. It addresses estimating the factors when multiplying 2 by 2 digit numbers. The test is Tuesday, November 24th. The Topic 7 study guide will be sent home. Copies of the study guide can be found on our website.
- The Topic 7 Math Study Guide is due November 24th.
- The November Reading Calendar is due on November 30th.
- Copies of the Topic Study Guide are on our class website so you can download extra copies as needed. Check out the Math link.
- Students will be using their Google Accounts. Their email address will be: first name initial, last name, last 3 digits of student number @ g,fhsdschools.org
- ex. sfoster456@g,fhsdschools.org The password is: fh student number ex. fh123456
- Students do not have email accounts. The email is used just for a username.
Our class website is:
Use your child's google account to sign in.
Here you will find links to websites that we will be using, copies of Math Topic Study Guides and extra Reading Calendars and other important information.