- The president holds all executive power, our current president is Obama.
- The function of the executive branch is to enforce laws and to appoint heads of federal agencies.
- The president is the head of state and head of government and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.
Major Departments of the Presidents Cabinet.
- Vice President
- Department of State
- Department of the Treasury\
- Department of Defense
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Justice
- Department of Agriculture
- Department Of Commerce
- Department of Labor
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Energy
- Department of Education
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Homeland Security
- White House Chief of Staff
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Office of Management & Budget
- United States Trade Representative
- United States Mission to the United Nations
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Small Business Administration
Maryland State Executive Branch
- Power rest on the Larry Hogan, our current Governor.
- The Governor also oversees independent agencies, and frequently authorizes executive commissions and task agencies to study and recommend solutions to particular matters of public concern.
- The Governor is the chief executive officer of the State and commander-in-chief of its military forces
Major Department that Make Up the Governor's Executive Council in MD
- Lieutenant Governor- Boyd Rutherford
- Secretary of State- John C. Wobensmith
- Secretary of Aging- Rona E. Kramer
- Secretary of Agriculture- Joe Bartenfelder
- Secretary of Budget and Management- David Brinkley
- Secretary of Business and Economic Development- R. Michael Gill
- Secretary of Disabilities-Carol Beatty
- State Superintendent of Schools (appointed by the State Board of Education to direct the Maryland State Department of Education)- Lillian M. Lowery
- Secretary of Environment- Ben Grumbles
- Secretary of General Services- C. Gail Bassette
- Secretary of Health and Mental Hygiene- Van Mitchell
- Secretary of Housing and Community Development- Kenneth C. Holt
- Secretary of Human Resources- Sam Maholtra