Ventana al Mundo
Your Child's Window to the World
Our Mission and Vision - Bridging Cultures
The mission of Ventana al Mundo is to provide a nurturing environment of academic excellence which provides for the development of a responsible, cross-cultural world citizen with an enriched understanding of self and others.
The vision of Ventana al Mundo is to improve student achievement in Spanish and in English by improving teaching in a powerful community of learners.
Why Spanish/English Immersion?
- An expanded world view.
- Greater intercultural appreciation and sensitivity.
- The ability to learn additional languages more easily.
- A competitive edge in future markets and the global marketplace.
- Research shows that students in dual language programs develop strong academic skills in addition to becoming proficient in both languages.
- Bilingual students have the opportunity to develop a deeper level of proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Acquiring a second language enhances cognitive development and problem-solving skills.
Bilingual students gain a competitive edge in the workforce and an appreciation of other cultures.
- "Learning another language actually enhances a child's overall verbal development," Roberta Michnick Golinkoff Ph.D.
- Children who study foreign language show higher cognitive performance in overall basic skills.
- According to the College Entrance Examination Board, they score higher on SATs.
About Our School
English language learners interact daily with Spanish language learners.
By 2017, Ventana al Mundo will have 80% of students proficient on EOG tests. By 2017, Ventana al Mundo will meet 100% of AMO targets based on EOGs.