American Revolutionary Era
Florida Torres, 5th period
summary of the Road to revolution
The proclamation of 1763
This proclamation stated that the colonies could not settle west of the Appalachian mountains.
Set duties to the molasses and sugar imported by the colonies.
The quartering Act 1765
This act required to house the British.
stamp act 1765
This act taxed the colonial paper products.
Placed duties on glass,lead,tea, paints paper
The Boston massacre
The five shootings that happened that day were called the Boston massacre.
This act allowed the British east india company to sell directly to the colonist.
The Boston Tea party
One day the colonist disguised as indians sneaked onto the tree filled ships and dumped over 340 tea chest into Boston harbor.
The intolerable Acts
This acts were to punish Boston for the Boston tea party.
lexington & concord , 1775
1. The battle only lasted a couple of minutes.
2.The captain for the american colonies was John Parker.
3.After the fight the British discovered that Hancock & Adams had escaped.
common sense, January of 1776
2.The pamphlet says that citizens not kings/queens should make laws.
3.They sold over 500,000 copies of it
4.Paine's common sense change the way people think about their kings and queens.
declaration of independence,1776
2. The document argued that the right of being born could not be taken away.
3. This act broke all connections with the British and the U.S.A was born.
4. This document was approved by the continental congress on July 4, 1776
battle of saratoga,1777
2.The British post-pone their plan and where caught off guard
3.The battle was located in New York city.
4. The triumph helped Benjamin Franklin persuade the French into give the colonial army supplies.
winter at valley forge ,1777-1778
2. The second problem they face was threats to their leader from their own officers
3. Many people died because of nasty disease like pneumonia.
Battle of Yorktown,1781
2. Last major battle
3. When the British government learned that the colonial army defeated the British army they decided that it was best to surrender.
Treaty of paris,1783
2. The fist term of the treaty was that the British had to recognize the independence of the colonies.
3. The second term of the treaty was that the British had to remove all of the troops from the colonies.
4. The third term of the treaty was that the new boundary of America is the Misisipi river.