By: Sumaya Salem
Harriet's early Life.
- Harriet Tuba's actual name was Araminta Ross.
- She had 11 siblings.
- Harriet's parents were slaves in Maryland, so she was born a slave.
- She took care of small babies and if she slept during the night the baby would cry, and Ross (Harriet) would get whipped by the mom.
Harriet and Slavery
- Harriet was planning from a very young age to gain her freedom.
- In 1844 she got married to a free black man, his name was John Tubman.
- When she got married she took her husband's last name and her first name from Rosa to Harriet.
- she asked her husband to runaway and find a shelter in another place with her but he refused, she took her 2 brothers they went but afterwords they were scared and turned back.
- she became famous for being a " conductor " on Underground Railroad during the 1850's.
- After th