by rylie shipard
3 reasons why u should eat breakfast
2.eating breakfast can enhance your memory,Eating breakfast may play a more important role than you think in getting good grades or excelling at the office.
3.breakfast can prevent cold and flu With winter approaching, it might be more important than ever to start the day off right.A Dutch study has shown that a substantial breakfast boosts the body’s gamma-interferon, a natural antiviral that boosts immune function.
4 factors that could influence what we eat for breakfast
*The subjects were 196 fifth-grade pupils from two elementary schools in Osaka Prefecture. The main survey items were as follows: Number of eating breakfast days in the last week, appetite for breakfast, sleeping habits, knowledge on food, attitude related to eating breakfast, self-esteem, social skills, and eating behavior of family members.
*The key driver for eating is of course hunger but what we choose to eat is not determined solely by physiological or nutritional needs. Some of the other factors that influence food choice include
*An important satiety signal may be the volume of food or portion size consumed. Many people are unaware of what constitutes appropriate portion sizes and thus inadvertently consume excess energy
*‘Taste’ is consistently reported as a major influence on food behaviour. In reality ‘taste’ is the sum of all sensory stimulation that is produced by the ingestion of a food. This includes not only taste per se but also smell, appearance and texture of food. These sensory aspects are thought to influence, in particular, spontaneous food choice.
some interesting information on breakfast
- The average person sits down to breakfast at 7.31am during the week and 8.28 am at the weekend
- The nation’s favorite breakfast is a cooked breakfast, followed by porridge, breakfast cereal and then toast
- The breakfast foods we are most likely to eat during the week are wholegrain cereal (37%) followed by toast with spread (32%) and then porridge (27%)
- The most popular place to eat breakfast is at home at the table, either alone or with other members of the household, followed by on the sofa
- Taste, speed, filling, quick to prepare and health, are the most important factors when it comes to breakfast.
- There is a growing trend for eating breakfast out of the home.