Sept. 25th, 2017 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
All Means All!
2017-18 LVES Tutoring
We will begin tutoring on October 17th from 3:00 to 3:30.
Things to consider:
- The objective of tutoring is to close the gaps in students' learning for reading or math. Since Pony Time supports reading, consider tutoring for math.
- Use your data to identify students.
- Transportation will not be provided.
- Send an after school permission slip home and return them to Ms. Burleson. Here is a sample form. Here is another example.
- All teachers/coaches will participate in tutoring.
- The Special Ed. team, Specials teachers and coaches will support 3rd through 5th grades, tutoring strategically to support Index I and Index II from the 2017 STAAR results. (We will meet to develop a plan of support with these members.)
A Minute with the LASes
Ladies and Gentlemen... Your attention, Please!
Almost all of you have at least a Bilingual or ESL student in your class. We have observed many strategies that you are using to support them, and we need you to keep record of that. Since we are required to document the linguistic accommodations provided during the year, LISD Learning and Teaching Department has uploaded a form to Aware (for each Bilingual/ESL student) and made a video explaining how and when to use it (at the beginning, the middle and the end of the school year). During the first 9 weeks, we should be able to complete the first part.
Here is the fun attached to this, the first grade level team (all means all) who completes all forms, will earn a jeans pass and a small teacher survival kit!
Bring us your questions, we will be glad to answer them!
| || |
Take 5 minutes to watch the video!
Watch the video and complete the form for your Bil/ESL students in Aware
Earn a Teacher's Survival Kit and a Jeans Pass!
Take 5 minutes to watch the video!
What is Happening at our school for the next week?
Click here to see the school google calendar. (Thank you Ms. Kitchen for working so hard on this calendar.)
- P.E.- 21-day Challenge Sign-up begins
- College/U Shirt Day
- Homecoming Parade Committee Mtg.
- PLC in DataHub
- **PICTURE DAY**
- LA K-2 LF
- Sci, Math, & ITF ACT
- Science LF
- LA ACT
- Dress for Success Day
- New Teacher Mtg. 3:10-3:30
- Inst. Tech - ACT
- LVES Spirit Day
Staff Shout Outs
- To administration for your kindness, support and understanding with our "special friends"!
- Mrs. Yolanda Vando, Mrs. Sandra Hernandez and Mrs. Elizabeth Ramos for helping me get all the materials ready for Dot Day! Your help was a life saver!
- Mrs. Kitchen, Mrs. Hayes, Mrs. Zamora, Ms. Bernal, The ENTIRE SECOND GRADE TEAM, Mr. Perez, for your support in planning the emergency drills.
- Mrs. Vando for always being willing to support and get things organized.
- Coach W. and Mrs. Jurca for being a comfort to our 1st and Kindergarten students when their day was not starting so well.
- Ms. Veronica Hernandez for introducing me to DOT DAY...it was great seeing the students and staff engaged in it!
- Mrs. Rubio, Ms. Holguin, Mrs. Vando, for providing great customer service to our parents in the front office!
- Ms. Betty for always saying, "What do you need?" Thanks for being willing to help!
- Mrs. Kitchen, Coach W., Mr. Thomas, Ms. Ramage, Ms. Lawson, thanks for teaming together to support the parents on last Friday with the bus situation.
- Ms. Satterla for substituting as the Day Care crossing guard (when needed). :)
- Kim Kilam - for sharing how to modify and accommodate using Envision assessments!
- Ms. Satterla - for being a new teacher, you've taught this experienced teacher a thing to two! Gracias!!!
- Mr. Anderson for always bringing a vibe of positivity to our team!
- Mrs. Oden, thank you so much for all of your hard work with PLC scheduling!
- Shoutout to Mr. Anderson for adding more joy, laughs, and bright ideas to the 3rd grade team!
- Ms. Medlock for sharing some very useful resources with my class!
- Ms. Kilam for staying after and sharing your guided reading skills with us.
- Beth Hayes for taking time to help her students create artwork that made the 3rd grade performance Out Of This World!
- All Specials teachers for being flexible and helping with the 3rd grade PTA performance and rehearsals. :)
Click here to submit your shout Out.