Newsletter Term 2 Week 8
Patumahoe School 23rd June 2021
Kia ora everybody
Donna Davies has been working with an extension writing group and they have written the script for Term 3's senior school production. What a wonderful achievement this is and it will be very exciting for the group when their ideas and words hit the stage.
There is some exciting learning going on in classrooms. Very impressive writing, in particular little ones who have got the gist of letter sounds and are being brave enough to write down words. Some learning highlights:
- Room 12 gave me an apostrophe 101 (something that I always get stuck with)
- Taki in Room 1 made a most impressive marble track where he improvised and used all sorts of items to make a platform scaffold for the marble run.
- Room 2 children have been displaying their understanding of symmetry and doing some very cool self portraits.
- Book work Flynn from Room 4 has completed a book review log and has earnt pizza.
- Mason Freer just popped in to my office to share an eye popping war story that featured a tiger tank.
Jerome Kavanagh put on an amazing performance last week. He fused fun, laughter and storytelling with his knowledge and prowess of Maori instruments. The kids were riveted throughout. No doubt you will have children looking for rocks and whale teeth the next time they are at the beach. A big thank you to Miss Tupai, Rachael Kavanagh, Matua Tiare and the mau rakau group for making this possible.
I have been getting a bit of a ribbing from staff after my prediction that the Highlanders would be too good for the Blues. Congratulation to the Blues. You showed lots of heart and were deserved winners. Anyhow, on the topic of rugby. A Caretakers Cup Challenge looms for our school. For those uninitiated, the Caretakers Cup is the primary schools equivalent of the Ranfurly Shield. Pukekohe Hill School are the current holders, and we want it back. We have a challenge on the 8th of July at Hill School. The last time we claimed the cup was back in 2018, we subsequently defended it at home against Karaka in front of a massive home crowd and then sadly relinquished it in 2019 to Hill. So rigorous training and selection is currently underway. Standby for more information on the clash next week.
Are you keen on encouraging your little ones in mathematics at home? Follow this link
Let's go Blackcaps!
Newsletter proudly sponsored by
PARENT INTERVIEWS - MID YEAR PROGRESS REPORTING
On Tuesday 29th June from 1.00pm to 5.56pm we will be holding parent interviews in the hall. This is an opportunity for you to find out how your child is tracking in their learning.
Please go to the following website www.schoolinterviews.co.nz and enter in the code 7azy6 and follow the online instructions to set up an interview time with your child’s class teacher. If you do not have access to the internet please phone the office and we will book for you.
The website will be open until 12pm Monday 28th June to book an interview.
School will close at 12.30pm on this day. Please make arrangements for your child to be picked up at this time. Bus children will remain at school supervised until 2.25pm.
Separate notice coming home with children today.
PTA AGM Thursday 24th June 7pm, school staff room. All welcome.
Sponsorship opportunity - do you or someone you know have a business that might be interested in sponsoring Patumahoe School Calf Club in some way?
Please get in touch with us at email@example.com to see this year's sponsorship model.
Tea Towel Fundraiser
We are excited to be running a Tea Towel Fundraiser this term and order forms will be coming home with eldest and only children early next week.
All order forms and payments must be received by Wednesday 7th of July
Please note that payment(s) are to be made by Direct Debit ONLY
PTA ACCOUNT :
Acc No: 12-3023-0694010-00
REF: Family Name & Rm Number
CODE: Tea Towel
JAMMIES IN JUNE
Patumahoe School is a drop off station for The Jammies in June initiative created by Middlemore Hospital. They are asking for the following Items
New PJs that they can give sick children
Pre Loved PJs that have no rips or stains that they can give to the community
Knitting of baby clothes to give to newborn babies.
We will be having a fundraiser later in June but if you have any items that fit the above description and would like to donate, please bring them to school. We will be taking them up to Middlemore hospital early July.
- 24th June - PTA AGM
- 29th June - Parent Teacher Interviews - school finishes 12.30pm
- 30th June - School Speech Finals
- 06th July - Hockey Y5/6
- 07th July - Gymnastics Y3/4
- 07th July - School early closing at 12.30pm for Teachers Union meeting
- 08th July - Calf Club Demo Day - 1.30pm
- 09th July - Matariki Day
- 02nd August - Year 5/6 Netball
- 04th August - Year 3/4 Netball
- 20th August - School Cross Country
- 24th August - Central Group Cross Country
- 27th August - Daffodil Day (wear yellow) gold coin donation
- 01st September - Zone Cross Country
- 22nd October - TEACHER ONLY DAY - NO SCHOOL