Updates for our CPS Community for the week of 1/22
Upcoming Important Dates
CPS Day of Free Play Friday 2/16
February Break 2/19 - 2/23
Updates from our PTO...
Hello from the China Schools PTO! 2024 is sure to be fun with events like the Glow Dance and a Read-a-thon, and other cool fundraisers and activities, too. Make sure to keep checking in for opportunities to join in! All of our events are made possible by awesome volunteers! Thank you!!
Next meeting: Thursday February 1st at 6pm on Google Meet
Cereal drive: 2/5-2/16 For the two weeks leading up to February break, send in boxes of cereal with your student. All donations go to China Food Pantry because hunger doesn’t take a break. The grand finale will be the biggest cereal box dominoes we can make. Can we beat last year? Let’s make it happen!!
Read-a-thon: 3/25-4/5 – Fundraise and then read, read, read! A prize will be awarded to the classroom with the most time spent reading during this event! Emails and information will be coming out soon.
Teacher Appreciation Week: 5/6-5/10
Glow dance: 5/10
If you haven’t already, join our Facebook group to stay in the know: https://facebook.com/groups/chinaschoolspto/
And we are always here at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Junior Achievement Volunteer Opportunities!
As we gear up for Junior Achievement at China Primary School this winter/spring, we need YOUR help!
What is Junior Achievement?
Junior Achievement of Maine is a statewide organization providing K-12th grade learning experience at no cost to our education partners. Students learn about managing their finances, preparing for the workforce and running their own business through hands on games and activities delivered by community volunteers. Learn more at: JA Maine Website
Why Volunteer with Junior Achievement?
- Flexibility: Sessions are scheduled directly with the teacher and can be worked around your schedule.
- Empower Maine's Future Leaders: Your involvement directly contributes to delivering JA experiences that empower students to be career and life-ready. Now, more than ever, students need mentors to guide them toward success.
- Mentorship and Beyond: As a JA volunteer, you bring more than just knowledge to the classroom. You offer mentorship and an external perspective, enlightening students about the vast array of career opportunities available to them.
How You Can Help:
- Choose Your Location: Choose a classroom opportunity from the list below and send an email to Jill Jamison, email@example.com, to sign up. Invite a friend or colleague to team teach for an even greater impact!
- Spread the Word: Share this email with your network to encourage others to join this meaningful cause. Together, we can create a ripple effect of inspiration and empowerment.
- Training and materials are provided: JA provides all the information you need to feel confident presenting in the classroom.
This program was suggested to CPS by Amy Driscoll, after she volunteered at a central Maine 3rd grade class and was so impressed by the ease of volunteering and the experience for the students. “After being a volunteer, I knew that I wanted my kids to experience Junior Achievement. The materials and volunteer guide make it easy to deliver key concepts and life skills to the classroom. JA gives everything you need. Before each session, I review the volunteer guide, then show up, and spend some time with the students talking about my own life experiences. We spend some time reading, playing games, and doing workbook activities. It’s fun and rewarding for me and for the students. The teachers are in the room with you, so no worries if you have never “taught” before. I was able to do this for two CPS kindergarten classrooms this fall and the reward is new friends for life! Any time I see the students now, I get waves, hugs and high fives, which is simply the best! I am so excited for the students of CPS to have this opportunity. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat further about my volunteer experience! Amariek005@gmail.com ”
Thank you for being a vital part of the Junior Achievement community. Together, we can continue to build a brighter future for Maine!
- Engage with us on Social:
- Facebook: Junior Achievement of Maine
- IG & Twitter: @JAofMaine
- LinkedIn: Junior Achievement of Maine
We are seeking part-time nutrition support to join our awesome kitchen staff!
Substituting! - TEACHERS - NURSES - ED TECHS - CUSTODIANS
The district is currently in need of substitute custodians! Please get in touch with our main office if you'd be interested and we can share further details on applying.
We, in RSU 18, are always looking for excellent substitute teachers, nurses, and education technicians. Please reach out if you have interest or questions about this. You can see our current openings by visiting https://www.applitrack.com/rsu18/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp