Vista Oaks Update
A great place for your child to grow.
byron and east bay news
Have a wonderful Winter break!
Thursday, December 20, 2018
- December 18th-21st: No Enrichment Classes (Homeschooling, Special Education and Tutoring services continue)
- December 21st-January 7th: No school due to Winter Break
- January 8th: School is Back in Session, Enrichment resumes, High School classes resume
- January 12th: Stockton Heat Hockey Game (flyer below!)
- NEW: January 25: Family Trivia Night (information below)
- January 29th: Parent Educator Workshop (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A CHANGE IN DATE!)
Here's what we've been learning!
- ENRICHMENT WILL RESUME JANUARY 8TH
- SPECIALS SIGN-UPS FOR SPRING SEMESTER ARE HERE! Please click on this link to see the classes offered the second semester. If your child is currently in a Specials class, you must enroll them into the Spring classes, too. Thank you!
- Drama Specials classes will meet in ROOM 12 on Tuesdays and Thursdays rather than Portable 1.
BRICKS 4 KIDZ SPECIALS SIGN-UPS IS ON THE LINK BELOW!
Family Trivia Night
Event Coordinators: Rebecca Morganstein & Drew Morganstein
6:30 - 8:30 (please arrive at 6:20 as the game will begin promptly at 6:30)Gather your smartest family members for a night of trivia! Put your brains together and work as a team to answer questions and prove that your family is the smartest at Vista Oaks. All ages welcome!
- Teams should consist of family members and should be no more than 7 people.
- Please name your team and let us know you are coming!
- RSVP with your team name to email@example.com prior to the event and be entered into a raffle to win a prize!
- Table Contest - Teams may come at 6:00 to decorate your team table!
Here are the workshops we have scheduled this year!
Please note that the January workshop has been changed to Tuesday, January 29th!
Stockton Heat Hockey Game
Saturday, Jan. 12th 2019 at 6pm
248 West Fremont Street
FUN TYPING PRACTICE!
Here are some fun resources to help your children learn to type and practice now so they'll acquire a great new skill and will be ready in the Spring!
For Lower Grades:
For Upper Grades:
VO Yearbook News
Preserve some your Vista Oaks memories forever by purchasing a Vista Oaks Yearbook. Follow this link to get your own book:
The cost is $40 for a hardcover book and $30 for a soft cover book. This price includes four FREE personal pages - you add what you want to the book (additional pages can be purchased). ALSO, if you purchase your yearbook before December 31, you can choose between:
- 50% off your next photo merchandise purchase on http://picaboo.com OR
- 3 night/4 day hotel accommodations at your choice of WestGate Properties
Don’t miss out!
Turn Markers Into Energy
Your Junior Leadership Team is coordinating a special program at our school in conjunction with Crayola. It’s called Crayola ColorCycle – an amazing program devised to repurpose used markers rather than sending them to landfills!
The ColorCycle program has repurposed more than 70 tons of expended markers in the United States and Canada since 2013, and uses the most advanced plastic conversion technologies available today to make wax compounds for asphalt and roofing shingles as well as to generate electricity that can be used to heat homes, cook food, and power vehicles.
All around Vista Oaks, students and teachers will be collecting used markers that are ready to be discarded. Please help support our efforts by sending your kids in with any used markers you may have around the house - even non-Crayola brands! Highlighters and dry erase markers can also be included. Drop-off boxes will be located in the Art Room and the Oak Room for your child to deposit the markers.
Thank you in advance for participating! With the help of parents like you across the country, the Crayola ColorCycle program can continue to keep tons of plastic out of landfills each year.
Remember, don’t throw out that used marker—ColorCycle it!
Science State Testing Practice
The California Science Test (CAST) practice test is now available for grades five and eight and high school. Practice and training tests can be accessed on the CAASPP Portal Online Practice and Training Tests Portal web page.
Oak Room Hours
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Oak Room Hours