Week of Night Stalker Activities
Families and Friends of the Regiment,
On behalf of all Night Stalkers, we would like to welcome you to attend the 2018 Week of Night Stalker Activities (WONSA). We sincerely hope that you are able to join us as we take time to remember our Fallen and celebrate the amazing accomplishments of our Soldiers, Families, Civilians, and Supporters.
We have scheduled a full list of events designed to foster unit morale and esprit de corps. Our Night Stalkers and Night Stalker Association members are working hard to ensure a memorable WONSA celebration. We look forward to seeing you and hope that you find time to enjoy the activities we have planned.
Night Stalkers Don't Quit!
COL Philip J. Ryan
CSM James D. Wilson
CW5 Michael W. Hardy
Saturday, 19 may 2018 Activities
Tuesday, 29 May 2018 Activities
Combatives Tournament - Soldier Only Event
Family members are welcome to watch and cheer on their favorite Soldier. Please note that this event is being held ON MAIN POST this year, NOT on the compound. :-)
Softball Tournament - Soldier Only Event
Family members are welcome to watch and cheer on their favorite team.
Wednesday, 30 May 2018 Activities
Honor the 96 Fallen Night Stalkers with a test of endurance. Spouses are welcome to participate this year SO SIGN UP BEFORE 16 MAY. 270-956-2832
NSA Golf Scramble
Thursday, 31 MAY 2018 Activities
Families of Fallen Night Stalkers Breakfast
THIS IS AN INVITE ONLY EVENT FOR GOLD STAR FAMILIES ONLY.
Annual Memorial Ceremony
This event is open to all Night Stalkers, Night Stalker Alumni, and their Family members to attend - there is VERY LIMITED bleacher seating in the open sun, wear your sunscreen. There will be an aircraft static display across the street on Nightstalker Way and a traditional helicopter flyover will end the ceremony.
**RSVP is NOT required UNLESS you receive an invite in the MAIL or your duty distro.
This is a rain or shine event - inclement weather location is Jones Hangar.
Many of our Gold Star Family members and Night Stalker Alumni that come back to Fort Campbell for WONSA every year ask for this event so they can buy their new Night Stalker swag. Immediately following the Memorial Ceremony the FRG Fundraiser tables will open. Stop by as you take the kiddos over to the aircraft static display. The FRGs will be right down the street.
Night Stalker Association Awards Ceremony
Congratulations to the following awardees!
Please join us on Thursday, May 31st at Jones Hangar
for the Awards Ceremony at 1:30 p.m.
SOLDIER of the Year: TBD
NCO of the Year: TBD
OFFICER of the Year: TBD
AVIATOR of the Year: TBD
VOLUNTEER of the Year: TBD
AVIATION MECHANIC of the Year: TBD
GROUND MECHANIC of the Year: TBD
CIVILIAN of the Year: TBD
NON-RATED CREWMEMBER of the Year: TBD
AVIONICS MAINTAINER of the Year: TBD
THREE-FIVE GAS & GUNS Soldier of the Year: TBD
COMBAT MEDIC of the Year: TBD
UAS Specialist of the Year: TBD
Families of Fallen Night Stalkers Social and NSA/NSF Scholarship Ceremony
THIS IS AN INVITE ONLY EVENT!
Friday, 1 June 2018 Activities
2018 Night Stalker Formal in NASHVILLE!
Tickets are on sale NOW until 9:00 a.m. 25 May 2018!. Must be age 16 and over to attend.
$45 for E6 and below, $65 for E7 and above and civilians.
Online Sales @
Hotel Reservations available until 1 May or until sold out:
The professional photographers will be open at 4:00 p.m, social hour begins at 5:00 p.m. (that's when the bars will open), you are welcome to get your photos early to avoid the lines during social hour from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
After the formal portion of the evening is over, DJ Johnny will take over and start the dance music.
Formal Frequently Asked Questions
The Night Stalker Formal is about celebrating our Night Stalkers, their accomplishments and legacy. It’s about celebrating Army traditions and honoring that heritage.
1. What is an appropriate dress for the formal? The formal is a black tie event which traditionally suggests a long formal gown, but many ladies choose to wear a shorter formal dress. Both are perfectly acceptable. If there is any chance at all that your gown will not SUFFICIENTLY cover your bum for the entire evening, GET ANOTHER GOWN. Do the fingertip test: if your fingertips touch flesh when your hands are at your sides, there is a chance you will be showing your bum. The same goes for your other assets, they should also be sufficiently covered enough to remain inside your dress for the entire evening. Undergarments that are appropriate for your attire should also be discretely worn.
2. What does my Soldier wear? Male and Female Night Stalker Soldiers are REQUIRED to wear a dress uniform. No head gear is worn to a formal event after 6pm. Some Soldiers have “party shirts”, Company shirts or Company t-shirts that they wear under their uniform jackets; this is perfectly acceptable and encouraged.
3. How do I answer the toasts? The responses to the toasts will be printed in the program that is on the table at your place setting.
4. How do I find my seat that night? When you arrive in the main lobby, near the ballroom entrances there are binders with your last name in alphabetical order with your table listed next to your name. There will be a large seating chart on an easel to show you approximately where your table is in the room. Each table will also have the table number prominently displayed in the middle of the table.
5. Do the bars take credit cards or cash; and will there be an ATM on site? THE BARS ONLY TAKE DRINK TICKETS AFTER YOU FIRST PURCHASE THEM. THE TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED AT EACH BAR, THEN YOU CAN GET OUR DRINKS WITH THE TICKETS. THIS IS A NASHVILLE ORDNANCE FOR ALL EVENTS, WE COULDN'T GET AROUND THIS. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE CASH OR CARD TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS. ATM'S ARE ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY.
6. What should I do if we have had too much to drink and can’t drive home? There WILL NOT be designated drivers vans available in the event someone needs a ride home. There’s always someone who didn’t drink that would be more than happy to take care of their fellow Night Stalker couple or Soldier. Please, if you didn’t plan for a DD, find someone to take you home or CALL A CAB to come pick you up!
7. What do we do when the Colors (American Flag/Unit Colors) are posted and retired? Posting and retiring of the Colors is a ceremony. During this ceremony, military members stand at attention and civilians stand quietly with their hands at their sides (not on the back of their chairs). Keep your eyes on the American flag as long as you conveniently can, turning your head or body slightly, if necessary. You do not have to pirouette or turn in a complete circle to “follow the flag”. It is all right for the flag to pass behind you; simply follow it with your eyes once it moves into view.
8. What’s the Grog bowl ceremony? It’s a traditional ceremony conducted by chosen Soldiers , Retirees, Family members of the Fallen, and some civilians where a punch is “created” from various ingredients (mostly alcohol). Our Night Stalker punch or grog bowl ceremony is full of symbolism and entertainment.
9. Call to Mess, what does that mean? The cocktail/social hour will begin at 5:00 p.m. in the bar areas outside the formal area. The “Call to Mess” is at 6:00 p.m. At this time immediately enter the ballroom and find your seat. If you are standing in line to get a drink or get your photos taken, it is highly recommend that you leave the line and go directly to your table.
10. Any other tips I should know about? Quiet table conversation is encouraged BUT there are certain times during the formal portion of the evening that call for respect, dignity and total quiet. Examples of these times are: during the posting and retiring of the Colors and any time someone is speaking at the microphone. Everyone is asked to comply with this request.
11. Other Protocol tips for the evening include:
***The cost of your ticket includes your meal and one formal party favor per person. PLEASE BE KIND TO YOUR FELLOW NIGHT STALKER, take only your party favor home with you. If you see extra party favors left on the table, they are not yours to take – they belong to your fellow Night Stalker that might be dancing or chatting with their friends. NIGHT STALKERS DON'T STEAL!
***Taking the opportunity during the social hour or after the formal portion of the evening to introduce yourself (or greet if you’ve already met) your Night Stalker’s Commander, 1SG and their spouses. This is not brown-nosing; it’s a courtesy that they will be grateful for. Also introduce yourself around your table if you are seated with people you don’t know.
***Listen for the evening’s emcee to provide instructions. You may be asked to remain standing or you may be asked to take your seats and await the arrival of the official party. The program at your seat should have it printed as to the actual sequence of events that will take place.
***If you need to use the restroom during the formal portion of the evening, it is perfectly ok to do so. Leave your table quietly and return quietly.
***Silencing your cell phones during the formal portion of the evening is HIGHLY recommended.
***Taking photos throughout the event is encouraged.
If you think of any other questions; please do not hesitate to send your FRG Leader an email or give her a call! We’ll find out the answer and get back to you! We want this to be a fun night for everyone and want everyone to enjoy themselves and not have any questions go unanswered!