April 9, 2021
A Few Notes from Mrs. Bervert
Next week students will be in school for 5 days a week and we are thrilled- more time to guide students in their learning, more time to work with students on social and emotional skills, and more time to finish the year Buffalo Strong. As we shift into this fully in-person school here are a few logistical items of note:
- Devices and Chargers- Student devices will now be at school full-time and will not be going home each night. Additionally, if your family received bricks and power cords we ask you to send them back asap so that we can charge devices in the classrooms.
- Kindergarten Round Up- Ms. Tanya sent out our kindergarten round-up information and we will have hour long sessions for incoming Buffalos. If you haven't received information from Ms. Tanya regarding kindergarten round-up email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Round-Up sessions can be found here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E4EA5AB28A0FE3-beskindergarten
- Wednesday Specials Time- Our students in grades 4-6 will be able to pick from a variety of options for a club that will occur just on Wednesday. We are excited to offer student choice and know our Buffalos will enjoy this opportunity. Our younger students will be given additional art and game time.
- Fully Remote Student Testing- Fully remote Buffalos will be testing this next week on Wednesday from 8:30-11:00. These students will be in the cafeteria and spaced at least 6 feet from each other. Students will enter and exit by the nurse's door.
- Class Placement Support- We value the input of our BES families, and there is a new form below that will collect information to help us best create balanced classes in Fall 2021.
- PTO on Tuesday- PTO will meet via Zoom on Tuesday, April 13 at 6:30 pm. We would love to have you join us. Email Ms. Tanya at email@example.com for the Zoom link.
- Attendance Calls- The automated attendance system will begin calling for absent students on Monday, April 12th. This is only for our fully in-person students. Students that are fully-remote will need to continue communicating absences with classroom teachers and the BES office.
Looking Forward to a Fantastic Five-Day Week!
BES Forms for Families
4/13- La Rocca's Meal Night from 4-9 pm
4/13- PTO Meeting at 6:30 pm
4/14- Kindergarten Round Up Sessions from 4:30-7:30
Partnership with SHHS
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.