Red=No growth/decrease in academic standing in their year to date averages
Yellow=Marginal growth of five points in their year to date averages
Green=6 or more points gained in their year to date averages
Do not sent this to me in an email. For now, just look at the names and numbers and document. For further analysis consider how often your red students are absent or allowed to have multiple restroom breaks.
The overall caveat on our way through STAAR and the end of the school year is: have we made students better academically and how do we show it quantitatively? More to come...
Odds and Ends
- LISD does not permit the solicitation of our employees during the school day on our premises. This also includes someone offering "retirement" advice.
- Be mindful of pictures you post and where you check-in. Facebook is social media. If you need any clarification I can email the sections of the Texas Education Code regarding this matter.
- Seventh and Eighth Grade Teachers need to begin the process of walking students to their lunch tables. See Ms. Hall if you need clarification on your table assignment. Escorting needs to begin Monday, May 11.
- Make sure that your attendance is taken and accurate throughout the school day.
- This time of year it is important to go Bell to Bell. While movies are the common fare this time of year for every school, movies should be limited and require my pre- approval. Do not bring me a movie the day of your plans to view them or the request will be denied.
- Do not forward my meeting invites.