WEEK OF 05/01 - 05/05
Letter from MEB
Seats are going fast for our PATH! Don't miss the opportunity to attend this fabulous training! Did you know that we have social studies specific training? We have one of THE BEST trainers coming! Please consider attending this training if social studies is your jam!
Do you LOVE STEM? We have that too!!!!!!
Would you like to know more ideas on creating a classroom that is super engaging AND rigorous but honors the diverse backgrounds of our students? WE HAVE THAT TOO!
Do YOU LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE talking about math? Sandy is coming back!!!! Come join us for some fun.
The trainers we have coming back are coming because they LOVE Danville and they LOVED our people at the last session. Please call Heidi if you are interested in signing up! This is a great way to get CPDUs.
Please note, this training is appropriate for AVID tutors, and ANY instructional staff!
Also, we have two open spots for Dallas Summer Institute...take these spots before they go!
Call Heidi if you are interested in any of these options! 1098
Contact Heidi at 1098 to sign up!
PAPER - NEW INFO!
Student Voice Notes are now available!
Student can record and send audio messages to the tutor and the tutor can respond back to the student through voice message! They can see a transcription of the tutor's message, manage the playback speed and can replay messages as often as they need to. This is helpful for students who are English-Language learners, student with disabilities, and those who just need to “ talk it out” or need to articulate their thoughts verbally!
Procedural Fluency in Mathematics - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
A Position of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Reasoning and Decision-Making, Not Rote Application of Procedures Position NCTM Position Procedural fluency is an essential component of equitable teaching and is necessary to developing mathematical proficiency and mathematical agency.
Smart Board Training/Light Speed Classroom Management
Looking for a Danville Public Library Card? 👀
Ready-to-Use Resources Lesson Plans to Develop Critical Reading Skills in All Students . AVID Weekly: Literacy Connections Schoolwide® puts literacy instruction resources at your fingertips.
SECOND STEP WEBINARS AVAILABLE
05/04/23 at 1:00pm
Strengthen Your School Community with Second Step® SEL for Adults
05/10/23 at 1:00pm
Finding Time for SEL by Using High-Value Practices
05/11/23 at 1:00pm
Giving Preschoolers the Power to Grow with Second Step® Early Learning
05/18/23 at 1:00pm
Second Step® Elementary and Bullying Prevention: Power to Create a Positive School Climate
05/25/23 at 1:00pm
The Newly Expanded Second Step® Family of Programs: SEL for Kids, for Adults, for Everywhere!
Technology Help Desk Information
The IT Department is available Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm.
If you have a technology related, non-emergency issue, please submit a Help Desk Ticket.
- This includes problems with your staff computer or laptop, printer, smartboard, telephone, student laptop, login issue, email issue, wireless connectivity problem, etc.
- If you need to reach the IT Help Desk, please call ext. 1583
- Do not open an attachment unless you are expecting it AND you know who it is from
- We will never ask for your email password or network password in an email and you should never respond to an email request for this
- Phishing attempts – you might get an email that appears to be from a co-worker with an unusual request & an attachment. Be cautious, this could be malicious. If the email seems suspicious, take time to question it
- Contact the IT Department if you have questions about a suspicious email
District 118 will change over to the new Skyward ‘Q’ platform on June 26, 2023. The database will be down the week of June 19th. If you have questions about working with the new ‘Q’ platform, you can contact the Skyward Help Desk at ext. 3081
Nearpod Self-Paced Resources:
Below are some simple PD options that teachers can do any time to help them Navigate Nearpod.
First Launch - How to run your first lesson
Build Your Own – Bring in your own lessons
Activities to Get Started – Activities for different learning goal
Nearpod YouTube Channel – Great short tutorials
Curriculum Department Staff
- MEB: Director ext. 1086
- Heidi Goula: Secretary to the Director ext. 1098
- Cathie Witte: Records and Professional Development ext. 1092
- Julie Cox: Literacy Coordinator ext. 1064
- Beth Edrington: DIF ext. 3538
- Christy Orr: Tech Integration Specialist ext. 1087
- Sara Stimac: DIF ext. 1939
- Angela Wilson: DIF ext. 3297
- Brian Klett: Fine Arts Facilitator ext. 1075
- Jacob Roskovensky: Media Specialist ext. 1533
Location: 516 N. Jackson St, Danville, IL 61832, USA