The Ingram Insider
Family Edition, August 2022
Tips for Parents to bridge the gap from school to home:
As a parent, you can do your part at home to reinforce this important family-school partnership. To help prepare your children for school readiness to stay on track and expand their learning opportunities:
- Set up a daily family routine, including healthy eating and sleeping habits
- Provide a place and time at home for homework
- Talk each day with your child about his/her activities
- Promote literacy by reading to your child and by reading yourself
- Limit and monitor TV watching, gaming, social media and computer time
- Express high expectations and standards for your child’s learning
- Attend parent-teacher conferences, Open House and Back-To-School events
- Participate in decisions that affect your child’s education
- Tap into community resources with visits to a library, museum, zoo or theater and encourage participation in after-school clubs, sports and art activities
Engaged parents are a key factor in helping students and schools succeed. With families, schools and communities working together as partners, student achievement is enhanced and children are better prepared to do well in school.
We appreciate your support at home and look forward to working with each and every one of you!
🎉Positive Office Referrals🎉
Students can earn a positive office referral from their teacher by showing respect, having a great attitude, being responsible, working hard, being honest and showing self control!
Congratulations to our first two positive office referrals Emma Hanson and Makenna Delasbour.
Arrival and Dismissal
Flow of Traffic and Entry Points
Please be sure to use the crosswalk when parking to come into the school or up to the door.
- Do not cross in-between buses loading and unloading kids at the curb
- Do not drive up next to a bus
- Stop your vehicle when you see a bus loading or unloading students
All student car riders should be dropped off at our 10th St. circle drive. You must approach the circle drive entry heading west on E. 9th St. (away from the library, toward the school). When you enter from Central, you are cutting in line and slowing down the traffic flow.
The 10th St. circle drive will be closed down. Students arriving after 7:50 will need to enter through the front doors.
Kinder car riders are picked up using the S. Central St. Circle drive (front of the building).
PK and ECSE car riders are picked up using the 10th St, circle drive.
If a PK student has a kindergarten older sibling, both students will be picked up in the front.
You will need to park and come inside to pick up your student. Be sure you have your license or car tag.
- A car seat/booster seat is required to pick up all students at Hazel Ingram Elementary.
- Do not get out of your car when going through the car rider pick up line. A staff member will put your student in the car.
- Please begin teaching your students how to secure themselves in their car seat/booster seat. If you need to secure them, you can pull up to the front of the circle, get out, secure your student, then leave the circle drive.
School Hours, Lunch & Office Procedures
Instruction Begins- 8:00 AM
Tardy- 8:00 AM- Tardy
Parents may come and eat with their students on Tuesday and Thursday. Please have your drivers license or form of ID with you so we can scan it and give you a visitor sticker.
The office will be closed daily from 2:45-3:25. During this time the students are getting ready for dismissal and there is a lot of movement around the building. If you are needing to check your student out early, please do so before 2:45.
Dismissal Bell- 3:25 PM
After 3:40 PM- You will be required to park and walk up to the front door. Don't forget to bring your car tag or ID.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Click on our logo to view the Student Handbook for the 2022-2023 school year.
Click on this link to view our Student Code of Conduct
September 2nd- Red, White and Blue Parade & Early Release at 12:40pm
September 5th- Labor Day- No School
September 9th- Teddy Bear Day & Goodies with Grands
September 15th- Cub Scout Sign up 6:00pm-8:00pm
September 19th- Picture Day
September 26th- Title 1 Meeting and Parent Orientation
September 29th- Kindergarten Field Trip
September 30th- Early Release at 12:40pm
Order a PINK Out Shirt
Orders are due by 9/2/22
Pick up is at the Ferris Fire Department