GCS Media Matters
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week August 24-28
- Remember our Extreme Transformation Challenge... Send before pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WiseOwl Wednesdays- See details below
- Inform staff and plan to Collect Summer Reading Minutes Totals due on Sept .10
- CIPA- See updated video links below
- Evaluation- Expect a detailed email later this week with updates and information regarding your evaluation this year.
Dates to Remember
Sept. 7-Labor Day Holiday
Sept. 9 International Literacy Day
Sept. 10 Mentor Mentee Meeting 4:00-6:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
Sept. 16 Early Release Day
Sept. 23 Middle School Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
Sept. 23 High School Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
Sept. 24 Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 4:00-6:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
Sept. 28 eBook Classroom Connections Training Option 8:30-12:00 Wash. St. Rm 301
Sept. 29 eBook Classroom Connections Training Option 12:30-4:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
Sept. 30 DUE DATE: Collection Development Plan DUE to Media Services
Updated Videos have been posted on the CIPA page. Many of you may prefer to save it to your machine rather than to stream it.
- How do I log into iSafe? (Instructions on how to log in)
- How do I Certify Complete through the iSafe website?
(ISafe is the vendor we purchase curriculum through, Once you have taught everyone you must Certify Complete through their site)
- What is CIPA ? (Children's Internet Protection Act)
- iSafe Video links (Password Protected-Use Edline Credentials to log in)
- ISafe Website Link (Log in using iSafe Credentials -See Log in instructions above. iSafe provides curriculum for all grade levels to teach Appropriate online behavior, Social networking, and Cyber bullying)
- GCS Social Networking Guidelines
- GCS Facebook Guidelines
- Other Resources for Digital Citizenship
* As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions
Not sure what's available from NCWiseOwl? You can use our NCWiseOwl Toolkit to help you learn more. There are tutorials, promotional materials, and information about WiseOwl Wednesdays. In fact, this Wednesday (9/2) we will begin our WiseOwl Wednesday Webinars. Britannica will be sharing with us how you can use Britannica School for differentiated instruction
- Sept. 2 Differentiated Instruction| Britannica
- Sept. 23- Explora| EBSCO
Photo Directory Pictures Needed
Please send Tammy a picture of yourself for the GCS Media Specialist online Picture Directory.
CLICK HERE to verify if you need to send in a picture.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.