Volume 3 ~ Issue 3
Favorite Posts for Google+
You can access all your Google+ Favorite listings in one stream from the left sidebar, under the Home menu link.
TLDR - Too Long Didn't Read
Are you looking for a way to teach summaries or quickly scan an article? Then, try adding the Chrome extension Too Long Didn’t Read, otherwise known as TLDR.
Go to the Chrome Web Store, and add the TLDR extension.
Click Add in Confirm New Extension.
It will now appear on your extension bar.
To use it, open up any article that you are planning to read or summarize online. Then, click the extension.
Use to teach summaries as well as to quickly scan information.
Hour of Code and Google Single Sign On
By doing a little bit of setup ahead of time, you can have students join Hour of Code easily through the google sign-in button and then inputting your class code.
Create your teacher login.
Teachers can also sign up with the Single Sign On for Google.
Once you're signed in, on your dashboard page, click on Student Accounts and Progress.
- Click New Section. Give it a Section Name.
- For Login Type choose email.
- Pick the grade level and course you want to assign.
- It will give you your section code. Make a note of it.
- Go to code.org
- Click Sign in with Google Account
- Students will add their age and gender and click Sign-Up.
- When asked, they will enter the Section Code.
See the video below for detailed directions.