I Want to be a Farmer
By Lane N.
What is a Farmer?
A Farmer is a person who grows crops and breeds animals to profit off of consumers.
Farmers supply certain supplies needed for a civilization to function.
Who needs the services of a Farmer?
Some people that need the services of a farmer are families, companies, countries, cities, and stores.
How could we find what a day in the life of a Farmer looks like?
- Interview a Farmer
- Learn about it in college
- Visit a Farm
Example of two events in the day of a Farmer
- Planting crops using a tractor
- Calculating cost for seed and profit from growing
What type of education does this career require?
- High School Diploma
- Agriculture or related discipline
- Voluntary Certification as a Farm Manager
- Able to effectively communicate with workers, analyse livestock and land quality, and make hard decisions
Why would someone want to be a Farmer?
- You can make a reasonable profit
- If you enjoy farming
- Better food
- Interaction with animals
What is the toughest job demand for this career field
The toughest job demand is the training as a Farmer.
Farmers Insurance Jingle