Flovent,Arnuity Ellipta, Advair Diskus
Asthma and COPD
Adult and adolescents (12 yrs and older): 88 mcg b.i.d, 88-220 mcg b.i.d, 440mcg b.i.d
Highest Recommended Dosage: Adults and adolescents (12 yrs and older): 440-880 mcg b.i.d
Pediatric patients (4-11 yrs): 88 mcg b.i.d
Flovent should be primed before using for the first time by releasing 4 test puffs into the air away from the face. Shake well for 5 seconds before each spray. If inhaler has not been used for more than 7 days or when it has been dropped, prime the inhaler again by shaking well for 5 seconds and release 1 test puff into the air. Each container is a 12-g pressurized aluminum canister and provides 120 metered inhalations.
- Increased trouble breathing right after using (paradoxical bronchospasm)
- Low bone mineral density,which can lead to osteoporosis
- Cataracts, glaucoma, or other vision problems
- Slow growth in children
- Problems with adrenal glands
- A weakened immune system and increase the risk for infections, such as fungus infection in the mouth (thrush). Always rinse mouth with water when using corticosteroids to prevent thrush. Inform your doctor if you have TB, chickenpox, or measles.
- This medication may need to be taken for a period of 1-2 weeks before asthma symptoms improve.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a liver disease.
U.S.Nationa Library of Medicine
The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology