Is Veteran Welfare Good Enough ?
The Facts May Surprise You
Some of the Biggest Contributors
How Many Vets Are Working
- Every year our military transitions about 160,000 active duty service members and demobilizes about 110,000 reserve and National Guard service members.
- Accounted for 7.7% of the U.S. labor force. Less than half of male veterans had a job as compared to the majority of nonveteran men.
- 13.5% jobs in the scientific and technical services industry went to veterans.
Education For Veterans
- The Original G.I. Bill, which was responsible for educating millions of scientists, doctors, engineers, businessmen, authors, actors, and teachers.
- Post-9/11 G.I. Bill which provided similar higher education incentives for more than 2 million service members who served since September 11, 2001.
- From 2007 to 2008, active duty service members represented 4% of all undergraduates enrolled in post-secondary education.