Dalai Lama Fellows
Social Innovation, Ethics & Contemplative Values
Start Your Journey
We are calling globally minded citizens who want to build a more harmonious, peaceful, and sustainable world. Join an international network of Fellows who are committed to social change rooted in secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion. More than ever, our individual ability to thrive – indeed survive – is interwoven with the destinies of others.
As a Fellow, you:
- Design and launch a project to address a significant challenge in your community;
- Travel 2x to the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA) near San Francisco to connect with Fellows from around the world and to deepen your leadership capacity;
- Receive up to $10,000 in funding for your project and travel to the ELA; and,
Participate in a distinctive, year-long curriculum with ongoing, personalized coaching.
To learn more: http://dalailamafellows.org/.
To apply: http://bit.ly/DLF2013Minnesota.
- Full-time student* at the University of Minnesota when applying & during the Fellowship year
- Able to attend the ELA from June 30 - July 7, 2013 and again in June 2014
- Available to refine project plan and plan travel logistics with Program Directors between selection date and the ELA
- Able to dedicate sufficient time during the school year for a) the proposed project, b) three monthly 90 minute calls organized by program staff, and c) monthly reflective prompts from our curriculum
*Undergraduate and graduate students welcome to apply.
Dalai Lama Fellows, a distinctive global program personally authorized by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, envisions and works towards a world that tends to the good of the whole as well as of the individual. We do this by guiding a global network of young social entrepreneurs to deepen their effectiveness by merging innovation with secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion.