World War 2
In world war two there was a lot of death and destruction some of the biggest deaths were the holocaust where almost 11 million people were killed, the strategic bombing industrial and population centers which one million were killed and the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki it killed about 50 million to 85 million people. So over all there was a lot of people killed.
Where War Occurred
Some of the places where war occurred were the following: Europe, Pacific, Atlantic, South-East Asia, China, Middle East, Mediterranean, North Africa and Horn of Africa, briefly North and South America
Main Commanders and Leaders
Main Allied Leaders:
- Joseph Stalin for the Soviet Union
- Franklin D. Roosevelt for the United States
- Winston Churchill for the United Kingdom
- Chiang Kai-shek for the Republic Of China
The Main Axis Leaders:
- Adolf Hitler for Nazi Germany
- Hirohito for the Empire Of Japan
- Benito Mussolini for the Kingdom Of Italy
After the War
After the war there was massive destruction and many,many deaths it was also a time where the decline of old great powers and the rise of two superpowers: the Soviet Union and the United States of America.