February 1-5, 2016
- We found main ideas and details in order to make infographics for our culminating event.
- We can create infographics to explain the contributions to the development of television.
- Bookmarks for Hurricanes and Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World were due Friday, February 5.
- We are getting close to beginning Unit 3 in ELA, in which we will read historical fiction novels.
- MAP reading took place on Wednesday of this week.
- Monday, February 8, is PJ day; report cards distributed
- The final content session for this rotation is on Thursday, February 11; second rotation to begin on Tuesday, February 16.
- Friday, February 12, is our class Valentine's Day party. Please do not write who it is to, just sign your name.
- Friday, February 19, at 7:00 at night is the evening performance for the school play, Snow White.
- Read and return Becoming Your Physical Best by February 22 for credit in Physical Education.
- Ballroom dancing is rescheduled for March 14-18. Parents are invited for the final class at 9:00-9:50 on Friday, March 18.
Wordly Wise Incentive
Popcorn & a movie. The "movie" was actually the digital resource for our infographic project. The popcorn was a treat for finding 50 of our vocabulary words in the books we are reading.
Ryan led the class in a discussion about key events and supporting details.
We created success criteria for our infographics for the digital resource Apollo and the biography, Snapshot. We did a gallery walk of our infographics to identify elements of our success criteria. We focused on providing positive, constructive feedback.
Wordly Wise Incentive
Thank you to this week's Weekly Wrap-up team!
Homework for the Week of February 7th
*Word Cards were fabulous this week! Please encourage your child to reread his/her sentence to make sure it makes sense and is grammatically correct.
Word cards for List 15 are due on Thursday.
disaster flee fracture
immense intense investigate
lurch major minor
petrify predict prone
sparse topple urban
Spelling Test on Friday
Expect some kind of assessment or project in your content session on Thursday of this week. Specific information to come from the content teacher.
Congratulations to the Lock Masters!
The following students successfully opened each of the four locks provided: