Paying it Forward
By: Christina Hall
Ways to Pay
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Introduce yourself. Make new colleagues, classmates, etc. feel welcome.
- Clean out all your old clothes and donate them to someone in need. Your old is someone else’s new.
- Write a positive Yelp review about a local business you like.
- Listen intently to people’s stories without trying to fix everything.
- Donate blood. One pint of blood can save up to three lives. Locate your nearest blood drive.
- Volunteer at a hospital, homeless shelter, nursing home, etc. Get outsideof yourself and help others. Check out Volunteer Match.
- Buy house warming gifts for new neighbors.
- Inspire others online.
- Share your umbrella with a stranger on a rainy day.
- Check up on someone who looks lonely.
- Let someone with only a few items cut you in line at the grocery store.
- Spread good news.
- Replace what you’ve used. For example, fill up the copier or printer with paper after you’re done using it or start a fresh batch of coffee.
- Give words of encouragement to someone about their dreams, no matter how big or small they are.
Pay It Forward - June Monthly Challenge